Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,637   Posts: 189,058   Members: 6,624   Active Members: 294
MartyAuste
Forum Member
Welcome to our newest member, MartyAuste.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Synapse 25 frame...am I just a moron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Synapse 25 frame...am I just a moron

So I got the frame last week and it is not like how it is in the video. It looks like it's supposed to unvelcro and lift up so you can take the t bar out, but when I lift the velcro it's sewn to itself, and the t bar is not possible to take out. I'm having trouble fitting it into the loops since I can't take it out. It feels like I'm going to break the bar. Am I just an idiot here? Has anyone else not been able to remove the tbar?

I can't attach a pic because it says it's too large, and I'm too frustrated right now to figure out why.

https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...-pictures.html

That's a thread that describes posting pics and resizing pics. Sorry I can't help you on the S25 internal frame question though...I have a SA. I'm sure someone will chime in with help.

Comment

I resized it and it now it says invalid file. It's only 18kb and still won't upload. ugh.

Comment

OK i got both ends in and it appears the frame in installed. I bent the right t bar and I hope it goes back to shape. I'm going to try to upload a quick video and someone can tell me if it was it was improperly sewn or if I'm just an imbecile. The latter is a strong possibility.

Comment

Comment

I had the same issue. And I too kind of bent gently an arm of the T. But just checked again, and figured out that if I pull up RELLY REALLY HARD on the cloth tab, it does pull off the top of the T more. Doing that, I took out the frame and then put it back in. I guess it’s not actually sewn down too far, like I though it was. Give it a good tug, really working the material off the top of the T. I think yours is like mine.

Comment

Mine was the same way, I had to force it way more than I wanted to, but it eventually worked out fine and caused no damage. I don't see myself taking this in and out often, but I was a bit nervous to force the tab as much as I had to.

Comment

I had the same problem and really had to pull back on the Velcro. I too,thought it was sewn down too much and tugged and bent the Velcro back and then it sort of 'popped' behind the bar.

Comment

Yeah, sorry TB folks, this was a total PITA to remove. Not a good design at all.

Comment

I'm with you, Zephyr. I didn't like the S25 frame sheet either. I found it difficult to remove and uncomfortable to wear, both with and without a Cache. I'm sending mine back this weekend. I know some people rave about it, but it just didn't work for me.
                    Small Cafe Bag in Deep Blue/Grass - Medium Cafe Bag in Alphaviolet/Cloud - Pop Tote in Olive; Side Kicks in Aubergine/Island Halcyon, Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Side Effect in Nordic Halcyon/Northwest Sky Halcyon - S25 in Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Luminary 15 in Nebulous Gray/Island

Comment

Er, I feel silly saying this but I never looked at the instructions before I installed it so I never took out the bar or undid the Velcro. I just kind of finessed the bar in. If I ever take it out though I will try to open the Velcro! I love the frame sheet though so I can't imagine ever taking it out unless I needed to give my S25 a bath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine was a little stiff but certainly not impossible. I think the design works quite well to keep the metal bar centred and in place.

Hoping to get an S19 frame also in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Comment

I have the frame sheet in my S19 and didn't have any issues installing or removing it... I did read/watch the directions.
                          I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Working...
                          X