Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sequence of messages at the Forum

Hello, especially to forum admins.

I noticed that some of the threads are organized old to new, i.e. the newest posts are at the last page, requiring us to go all the way there, while the oldest posts are on the 1st page. In other threads, it is exactly the opposite.

Would it be possible to have them all organized in the same direction? I personally would love to see the newest posts placed in page 1, and the oldest in the last page(s).

Not sure how feasible this is, but as it is right now, it is kinda annoying to have these differences...
    Thanks!

Nina

I've never seen the new posts first. I've only ever seen the old posts first and the new posts last.

Comment

Originally posted by BWeaves View Post
      I've never seen the new posts first. I've only ever seen the old posts first and the new posts last.
      Me too. Perhaps you’re experiencing the new first because you’re clicking on the link from the “new posts” sidebar? It takes you to the latest posts.
      Synik 22, Truck, Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC HLT2, Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Comment

Curious if you are comparing mobile to PC?
        This is a possible...
        For instance Tapatalk lists newest first while Desktop browsers usually list them last.

Comment

Hey npoerbo -- I'm not quite sure what you're meaning here -- can you give examples of threads that are sequenced differently than others?

One thing to note is that if you want threads sequenced from newest to oldest (so you see the newest post on the first page and the oldest post on the last page of the thread), you can go to your General Settings and change it to display that way there (easiest way to get there is Quick Links -> General Settings -- it's under "Thread Display Mode").

Comment

Thank you Thank you Thank you npoerbo for bringing this up, and thank you Matthew R @ TB for answering! This same thing has been bugging me forever on the forums, I just went to my "Quick Links" settings and fixed a number of things, including the order of the posts. Can't believe it was THAT easy!

Comment

Working...
            X