Question about loose threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about loose threads

Hi, would anyone be able to tell me the material used to stitch up a Synapse 19? I have the bag in Halcyon, however I don't think that the threads are of the same material.

The reason I ask is that usually for my other cordura bags with loose threads I snip off the excess and then use a lighter to melt the ends. Does anyone else do this? I would normally just try but it's near the back mesh and I don't want it to catch on fire.

Just snip off the ends and don't bother with a lighter.

If the excess thread is long enough, just use a needle and bury the end inside the fabric.

I string pearls, and there is a product that is a thing with a pointy end that gets hot so you can melt a knot (polyester thread) in between pearls and not touch the pearls. I have never used it. I knot and then bury the end inside the next pearl and my knots never come undone.

If you think your bag is actually unraveling, contact TB and they should make it right. If it's just a loose thread, the bag will not unravel if you just cut the end off. No need to melt anything.
    Last edited by BWeaves; 05-01-2018, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...
      X