Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,495   Posts: 187,476   Members: 6,456   Active Members: 329
Welcome to our newest member, Hungry.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bag Advice - Bag to fit this stuff, inside the synapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bag Advice - Bag to fit this stuff, inside the synapse

See the attached image with my GoPro gear. I would ideally like to be able to throw all this in a bag (Side Effect, Travel Cubelet, Side Kick, or other?), which I could either use on its own, or throw it inside my Synapse 25.

I'm struggling with the length of my Stabilizer (next to the ruler) which is 12" in length. Seems to me that it wouldn't fit in most of those bags mentioned? Or, would it fit if it were angled across? Or maybe there's a different, better bag?

If there isn't a good option, another thought I had was I could put the stabilizer in the water bottle pocket of my S25 (it just fits) and then everything else in the aforementioned bag...?

Any help would be appreciated!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image1 (2).jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	313423

This looks like a job for a size 4 stuff sack!
    Current Everyday Carry: S19 in Cloud/Island, 15C Cache, SE in Wasabi, SC in Fjord; Cubelets in Dawn, Canyon, and Grass, COW in Original Halcyon
    Current Travel Carry: A30 in Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet, DLBP in Nordic, PCSB in Sitka, Large TT in Sitka, SSK in Wasabi, 3DOC in Solar

Comment

Originally posted by kieri View Post
      This looks like a job for a size 4 stuff sack!
      I bet it would also fit in a packing cube shoulder bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Don’t make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, don’t hesitate to make it beautiful. — Shaker Philosophy

Comment

Hi
        These things would fit easily inside a shoulder bag

Comment

It might fit into a Snake Charmer, though the ruler might be tight.

Comment

Side Kick has an 11" diagonal, _no_ way that 12-inch thing fits in there. Size 4 Stuff Sack maxes out at 10.2", and while it's open-top, everything else is going to be juggled disorganizedly inside. Packing Cube backpack would work, and there is some organization (meaning, there are 2 compartments), but if it's inside of something else, access to the lower compartment would be restricted. A good option for bag-in-bag would be a Freudian Slip (its Medium Cafe variety is again only 11" high, but it's open-top and has a good selection of pockets), but it wouldn't be usable on its own.

In general, I find Side Kick a passable bag-in-bag, so if you do leave that stabilizer outside of it, it could work both on its own and inside another backpack. Its Gatekeeper webbing loops could allow you to find a way to attach the stabilizer outside (the feasibility of this would depend on what kind of attachment options your stabilizer has). Or if you are willing to forego using this bag on its own, a Freudian Slip always inside your Synapse would work. I find the Freudian Slip a better "bag-in-bag" than the SideKick due to better accessibility of things you put into it.
            Last edited by myroslava; 05-14-2018, 08:32 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
            X