Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,494   Posts: 187,451   Members: 6,454   Active Members: 329
Welcome to our newest member, bored_and_agitated.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strap question

When I got my Synapse 19 last year it came with a strap. Initially I didn't think much of it and just put it away in a closet. I came across it again and was wondering where or what it's used for. Can someone tell me? thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0443.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	313426

Originally posted by cbmp View Post
    When I got my Synapse 19 last year it came with a strap. Initially I didn't think much of it and just put it away in a closet. I came across it again and was wondering where or what it's used for. Can someone tell me? thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20536[/ATTACH]
    That looks like a Field Journal Notebook shoulder strap. No idea why it would be inside an S19 unless it was a return and someone left it in there. A mystery!

Comment

Greetings,
      That's the removable waist strap. I find it useful for those times when I know I am going to over pack my Synapse. elisa

Comment

How odd. The S19 comes with a waist strap, but that’s not it. The waist strap has a buckle. I’d contact customer service so they can send out the right strap.
        S19, Pilot, S25, SE, NFTD, SCB, LCB, LS- in that order, all in Halcyon. Newest: Brain Bag. Oh, and some Shop Bags and Travel Cubelets. And some pouches. And a couple of Organizer Wallets. And a SSK. And some stuff sacks. And a laundry sack. But I'm not hooked on TB.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaGirl View Post
          Greetings,
          That's the removable waist strap. I find it useful for those times when I know I am going to over pack my Synapse. elisa
          Hi @AlaskaGirl,

The 1" Gatekeeper Waist Strap that comes with bags like the Synapse 19 has a Side Release Buckle that connects the two strap ends so the strap length can be adjusted, and buckled at the center of your waist.

Name:	Waist-Strap-One-Inch-Gate-Keeper.jpeg
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	303969

As @ Cristina noted, the strap shown in the original poster's picture only consists of 1" wide webbing with a movable tri-glide to adjust the total strap length, similar to the Field Journal Shoulder Strap

Name:	Field-Journal-Shoulder-Strap_1024x1024.jpeg
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	303970

There are also examples of the various straps shown in my post (#24) in the Best bags for small children at Disney thread, where I show various strap combinations that can be used with the Side Effect with less extra webbing length than the standard waist strap:

The bottom-most straps are the FJN strap and Citizen Canine Strap (similar design in Coyote) shortened -- similar to the original poster's picture.

HTH

moriond

Comment

Thank you, Moriond. I did not notice that it didn't have a buckle. elisa

Comment

Working...
            X