Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,824   Posts: 191,287   Members: 6,721   Active Members: 266
Welcome to our newest member, willydgil.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small Cafe Bag & iPad Pro 9.7"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Small Cafe Bag & iPad Pro 9.7"

    Hey everyone! I have done so much research on TB Bags this past weekend and I am in LOVE ! I have a quick question about the Small Cafe Bag and fitting an iPad Pro 9.7" -- does anyone know if this will fit in the SCB or would I need to upgrade to the Medium Cafe Bag? I'm not super tall and I was hoping to avoid the MCB since it's a little longer.

    I've got three other items loaded in my cart, ready to complete the purchase but wanted to crowdsource this here!

    Thanks so much!

    #2
    Just to be sure, are the dimensions of your iPad 9.4 x 6.6 x 0.24 inches?
    I have a Small Cafe Bag, so I can check for you.
    Beth

    Originally posted by roguetash View Post
    Hey everyone! I have done so much research on TB Bags this past weekend and I am in LOVE ! I have a quick question about the Small Cafe Bag and fitting an iPad Pro 9.7" -- does anyone know if this will fit in the SCB or would I need to upgrade to the Medium Cafe Bag? I'm not super tall and I was hoping to avoid the MCB since it's a little longer.

    I've got three other items loaded in my cart, ready to complete the purchase but wanted to crowdsource this here!

    Thanks so much!
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by bchaplin View Post
      Just to be sure, are the dimensions of your iPad 9.4 x 6.6 x 0.24 inches?
      I have a Small Cafe Bag, so I can check for you.
      Beth
      That would be so amazing and super nice of you!

      That's exactly right, the dimensions are 9.4 x 6.6 x 0.24in

      Thank you again, you're a TB pal!

      Comment


        #4
        As far as I can tell, yes, the 9.7" iPad Pro should fit. The only iffy dimension is the height, but I based on my measurements, it should be fine.
        The only question is what other things you plan to pack in the Small Cafe Bag. Hopefully, you are in the U.S. and can return it if it does not work for you based on an indoor test-pack.
        I agree that the Small Cafe Bag is nicer to carry. I have a Medium that I hardly ever use now that I've discovered how nice the Small size fits me.
        Beth

        Originally posted by roguetash View Post
        That would be so amazing and super nice of you!

        That's exactly right, the dimensions are 9.4 x 6.6 x 0.24in

        Thank you again, you're a TB pal!
        ----
        All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
        Edmund Burke

        Comment


          #5
          I have a number of small cafe bags as the size is just right for a number of options.

          I’ve carried a normal size pad and a 10.5 inch pro. Photos below of both.


          iPad 9.7 and iPad Pro 10.5 with Smart Keyboard

          9.7 iPad (enough space for a thin case too I think)

          10.5 iPad Pro (just peeks above the line of the bag but still closes easily)

          So both work fine for me.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

          Comment


            #6
            Wow! Thank you both so much! I super appreciate the pix and the help!

            I went ahead and ordered the MCB to do a test pack with -- but I have a feeling I may be returning for a SCB!

            Thanks so much

            Comment


              #7
              I have a 9.7" iPad Pro with a Smart Keyboard and it fits nicely in the SCB. There's plenty of space too so I normally have an FS in there as well. Hope you enjoy your new bag!
              MB-Steel/Iberian, SK-Steel/Iberian, DLBC-Grey/Steel, MCB-Orange 152/Navy, SCB-Azure/Navy

              Comment


                #8
                Awesome thread exactly on the question I wanted to ask!!!

                I have a follow up question. Once you have an iPad and FS in the SCB, is there still space for a water bottle?

                Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

                Comment

                Working...
                X