Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,492   Posts: 187,433   Members: 6,453   Active Members: 336
Welcome to our newest member, parisbandarq.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What shade of TB hunter/foresty green was the Cafe Bag made in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocks
    replied
    Conifer! I have a conifer Synapse. It seems like such a quintessential Seattle/TB color.

Leave a comment:

• kmw
    replied
    Fabulous. Thanks so much, @pammy! That all seemed likely, but I couldn't shake the fear that there might have been an uber-ballistic Cafe Bag made at some point that I'd missed or forgotten.

What a fine looking bag!

Leave a comment:

• pammy
    replied
    Yes, indeed, you are correct. Ballistic fabric, like Hunter and Forest, have never been used in café bags. That color is Conifer which is cordura. I do know the S19 and FJN were also made in Conifer. Not sure what other items came in color. I'm sure @moriond would have that info. Her memory is amazing.

Here is a picture of my small café bag.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Conifer SCB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	590.4 KB
ID:	304134

Leave a comment:

• What shade of TB hunter/foresty green was the Cafe Bag made in?

I've been taking a deep dive (through the forum and Google) into TB foresty green colors/materials, particularly relating to Cafe Bags, and while I think I've figured out the answer, I could use some historical memory please. I'm trying to determine what shade(s) of hunter/foresty green TB made Cafe Bags in.

My fave choice color-wise is the age-old shade Hunter, but I'm pretty sure it was only ever made in heavy-duty ballistic (not Cordura). So am I correct in assuming that no Hunter Cafe Bags were ever made?

Second preferred is the bluer dye lot of Forest -- but again, I'm pretty sure it was only ever made in heavy-duty ballistic, so am I correct that it, too, was never made into Cafe Bags?

Finally, there was Conifer -- which did indeed exist in Cordura, and I've found evidence that Ristrettos were once made in Conifer. So am I correct in deducing that Cafe Bags were indeed made in Conifer?

(Alas, I prefer the bluer tones of Hunter and Forest to the more neutral Conifer, but I also recognize it's better to search for a white whale that actually exists!)

The one photo I can find that proves a hunter/foresty green Cafe Bag did exist contains no identifying info unfortunately, but it is from the old Portable Culture tag era:

Click image for larger version

Name:	61b4674d466fec5c40c4d148e1ff916e.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	313473

Any insight much appreciated!
Working...
X