Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Key Strap on Travel Cubelet as exterior handle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Key Strap on Travel Cubelet as exterior handle?

Hi everyone, long-time lurker, first-time poster. Apologies if this has been discussed here - I searched the forums a few times and didn't see an exact answer:

I wondered about whether it would work to use an 8" or 16" Key Strap with a snaphook at each of the two exterior O-rings on the sides of the Travel Cubelet, to use as a handle strap going across the top of the bag.

Bonus points if someone can tell me how short the 5/8" shoulder strap can be cinched to... in other words, if you shorten it to its shortest point, about how long is it?

Extra bonus points if anyone has a Travel Cubelet and 8" and 16" two-Snaphook Key Straps and can show photos of how those might look.

I have a Daylight Backpack and a Side Kick and am thinking about a smaller bag when I want to carry just phone, sunglasses, and other need-immediately-while-out-and-about items.

Much appreciated!

The 8" strap fits, but it's tight; the 16" strap works perfectly. The 5/8" strap shortens down to about 20".Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0148.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	476.3 KB
ID:	304180Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0149.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	296.2 KB
ID:	304181

Comment

Thank you!

Originally posted by Wanderlust77 View Post
      The 8" strap fits, but it's tight; the 16" strap works perfectly. The 5/8" strap shortens down to about 20".[ATTACH=CONFIG]20863[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20864[/ATTACH]

Comment

I did exactly this a couple of weeks ago at a conference - switched between the regular thin shoulder strap and the shorter (8") key strap, which was perfect for either holding the strap or sort of palming the TC with the strap around the back of my hand. It worked well.

Comment

Greetings,
          The 5/8 shoulder strap is also comfortable when I shorten it so I can wear the Travel Cubelet as a waist pack. It lets me play on stage with my ukulele or bass and my valuables are with me, but completely out of the way.

I love this because it eliminates the problem of where to leave my phone/wallet/keys. I don't have to worry about theft because my essentials are on me. If my clothes have no pockets, voila, instant pocket! If I carry a bag and set it down, will someone move it or will I forget it? If it's attached to my person, I always know where it is and it can't get left behind or lost.

I now have the Travel Cubelet in Island, Veridian, and the navy blue colors. I'm hoping it will be offered in Ultraviolet Halcyon.

I like the key strap ideas and plan to try it next week. Thanks for the inspiration! elisa

Comment

Another option is the handy handle loop

aaaannnddd, it's not letting me post a pic tonight
            I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Right, I think I will get the Handle Loop too for some additional options. I just wanted to see if the idea of having it being balanced on my arm would work out too!

Comment

Working...
              X