Smart Alec framesheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart Alec framesheet

Long story short, I am debating on switching my beloved s25 to a smart Alec as I now have an s19 and don't need both synapses. My question is what framesheet would be best for the Smart Alec or would none at all be advised. I know people posted a mention of it when the synapse ones came out and then someone mentioned something when the aeronaut ones came out. Now that all four kinds are available, has anyone tried them with a Smart Alec and which is best?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

I forgot the Aeronaut frame sheets are out. I recently stuck my S19 frame sheet into my Smart Alec and it works OK, but I'd definitely consider ordering a different size if one works better. My SA is an older model so it no longer stands up on its own, I find the frame sheet much more helpful there than in my S19 which I tend to over-pack well such that it has more than enough structure on its own.
    Rambling On. . . . .

Comment

The A45 frame will fit in the SA if you are just slipping it into the bag without "installing" it. The A30 frame is the frame that fits best in a Smart Alec if you are using the cache loops and t-Bar. I posted a picture here:

https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...ht=#post161818

However, when I packed it up for a trip recently, I thought the frame made the SA more rigid than I wanted and decided to go without it. I'm still on the fence about whether I like the way it feels. My SA is about one year old though and isn't slouching from age yet.
      Last edited by Fluff; 07-31-2018, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fluff View Post
        The A45 frame will fit in the SA if you are just slipping it into the bag without "installing" it. The A30 frame is the frame that fits best in a Smart Alec if you are using the cache loops and t-Bar. I posted a picture here:

https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...ht=#post161818

However, when I packed it up for a trip recently, I thought the frame made the SA more rigid than I wanted and decided to go without it. I'm still on the fence about whether I like the way it feels. My SA is about one year old though and isn't slouching from age yet.
        @Fluff, you might consider pulling out the metal bar from the frame sheet, and just using the plastic if you find either size Aeronaut frame sheet too stiff. My post [#11] in the same thread where you posted that picture, links back to the earlier discussion of which other bags your can use the Aeronaut frame sheets with, and also discusses the first experiments of this with the Smart Alec. That earlier thread was titled A45 Frame in the SA or WF?.

I know that @nimikor, who started that thread, was an early adopter/user of the Aeronaut frame sheets in the Smart Alec.

HTH

moriond

Comment

My SA is my primary travel bag and I don't feel like it needs a frame sheet as it has good padding and structure on its own. I really like the frame sheet for the Synapse and look forward to trying one in my A30.

Comment

Working...
          X