Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,494   Posts: 187,452   Members: 6,455   Active Members: 326
Welcome to our newest member, Francis.dingo.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning S19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning S19

Got this horrible (well to me anyway!) mucky mark on my new cloud ballistic S19.

Any tips for how best to clean it without making more of a mark!?

It’s right on the front of the bag [emoji22][emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tom Bihn Newbie- HAVE: Synapse 19 (cloud grey & Island blue)
    WISHLIST: Medium cafe bag, Synapse 25, travel tray, 13 inch MacBook cache, iPad mini cache, Aeronaut 45 (grey/&UV), Spiff Kit, Side Kick

The Tom Bihn website FAQ has following advice on cleaning. Hope it helps.

“How do I clean my bag?
    We recommend hand-washing your TOM BIHN bag with a mild detergent — environmentally friendly dish soaps work well, but as always, with any soap, test it on a small, inconspicuous area of the bag before you use it on the entire bag. (Palmolive® and Dawn® soaps may be too harsh!) Fill your sink or bathtub with warm water, add a little soap (a little goes a long way), and let the bag soak for a half hour. If there are visible spots of dirt, gently rub the area with a washcloth, or you can apply a little soap directly to that spot and let it soak. Rinse your bag thoroughly (this is a lot easier if you've only used a little bit of soap) and lay your bag flat on top of a bath towel to dry.
    Methods we DON'T recommend:
    Having your bag dry-cleaned or putting your bag in a washing machine or dryer will void the guarantee and make your bag look funny. We don't want either of those things to happen. Your TOM BIHN bag can last for years. The fabrics we use to make our bags are treated with a water-resistant coating, but over time, that coating will start to dissipate. If you live in a rainy climate like we do, we'd recommend treating your bag with Nikwax after one year of use.”

Comment

I got a small spot on the front of my Cloud SK. I wet it, and sprinkled some Biz on it and gently rubbed it around. Wet it some more, gently rubbed. Then rinsed it all off and dried it with a towel. Then let it air dry. Spot gone.

Comment

Working...
      X