Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,528   Posts: 187,816   Members: 6,492   Active Members: 296
Welcome to our newest member, caw.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Staple price/pin prick on S25 lining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staple price/pin prick on S25 lining

Hello,

Something dumb happened to my bag. I have a S25 (which I bought in August!). It's been working great - love it. I purchased something in a store a few days ago. And the customer service rep gave me a receipt which she stapled. I just threw it into the bag.

Couple days later, I note it's a bit stuck, so I threw pulled and realised the staple was in the lining - the wasabi lining, which is along the back padding. I looked at it. I noted a thread out but that's it. But clearly there was a pin prick because it was a staple.
    My question is:

- How worried should I be?
    - Should I do anything to fix this, like place a piece of tape? I can't really see it.

Will this become a problem?

Has this happened to anyone else??

While you can always contact customer service if you are really concerned, I would not be unduly worried. For example, about a year and a half ago, I had something glass break in the bottom of a halcyon large shop bag, and it created a small 1/2 to inch tear right in the middle bottom of the bag. I was so worried, I contacted customer service about doing a repair, and the person I communicated with said there wasn't a good repair, it should be fine overall.

Fast forward to now: I use this bag almost weekly for groceries and heavy pet supplies like bags of litter, and it is perfectly fine and the tear has not spread. While I was dubious at first about the longevity of this bag, I am now a believer. Halcyon rules!
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Comment

It's rip-stop nylon as in any rip will be stopped.

Comment

check out the material glossary if you want reassuring details

https://www.tombihn.com/pages/materials#halcyon200
        I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

I find Halcyon to be pretty sturdy. I gave my son a stuff sack (Wasabi Halcyon) to use as his lunch bag a couple of years ago. The first week he had it, he came back and there was a hole worn through on one side (towards the bottom) as if it had been dragged on concrete. (about half the size of a dime, or the eraser on the end of a pencil). I put a piece of duct tape on it. Months later the duct tape has fallen off, but the hole isn't any bigger, and there are no new holes or tears. If it holds up to the abuse of a third-grader, I think it will be able to handle your daily activities. Good luck!

Comment

Everyone - thank you for your replies! It makes me feel better! Given I can’t see it really and it’s against the back padding I’ll just leave it. Just a quick question. Should I tape it?

Comment

I personally wouldn't bother, when I used duct tape it left a sticky residue. Plus it doesn't sound like it's in a weight-bearing area. Enjoy your S25!!

Originally posted by TorontoSS View Post
              Everyone - thank you for your replies! It makes me feel better! Given I can’t see it really and it’s against the back padding I’ll just leave it. Just a quick question. Should I tape it?

Comment

Working...
              X