Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,735   Posts: 190,218   Members: 6,597   Active Members: 265
Welcome to our newest member, josha.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attach pins without puncturing my precious TB bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attach pins without puncturing my precious TB bags

Hi Inventive Bihnions, do any of you have good ideas for attaching a pin to a bag without damaging the bag? A custom zipper pull, perhaps??
    Synik 22, Truck, Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC HLT2, Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

I usually attach pins to a strap rather than the bag fabric. On my Pop Tote, I can attach a 1” button to the strap without puncturing it at all.

I have a 1” button machine and bought some parts to turn buttons into zipper pulls. Here’s an example, though it’s a little hard to see on the black Halcyon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I made a lanyard with some 1" triangle hooks and some strapping off an old backpack. If I was making it again I'd use a double gatekeeper instead. It hangs from the handle on my swift.
      Last edited by twosandalz; 12-16-2018, 07:40 PM. Reason: fixing linky

Comment

I use a Single Pouchkin, attached to a Double Carabiner and clip the latter, to the handle of the bag.

The Pouchkin clip is very strong.

I love buttons and it was great to see that Pouchkins are perfect for them. The red or blue make for a great contrasting color.

Like you, I would not pierce my TB bags, nor my clothing for that matter.

If you are using a TB Bag with vertical orientation, I think a Double Pouchkin would be ok, it would fit 2 pins.

For oddly shaped pins the Knitting Tool Pouches would be great also.

Edited because I saw your post about custom zipper pull, that is a great idea!

But, in my case, I don't trust some the pins' closing mechanism, this is why I use the Single Pouchkin.

Furthermore, some of my pins are tiny and/or gifts and I want them to be secure.
        Last edited by backpack; 12-16-2018, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by backpack View Post
          But, in my case, I don't trust some the pins' closing mechanism, this is why I use the Single Pouchkin.

Furthermore, some of my pins are tiny and/or gifts and I want them to be secure.
          So you're putting the pins inside the pouchkin?

Comment

Working...
          X