Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,489   Posts: 187,404   Members: 6,445   Active Members: 343
Welcome to our newest member, Ironaztek.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re-using Plastic Zipper Pull Ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-using Plastic Zipper Pull Ends

Hello Everyone, Is there anyway to remove the TB plastic ends after you've installed they've been installed on zipper pulls without destroying them? I was planning to swap out my zipper pulls but was hoping I could still find a way to use the old plastic ends in the future.

Sent from my Pixel Slate using Tapatalk

if you look inside the plastic pull (the side the cord comes out of) you'll see (recessed inside) the end of the male tab - looks like a rectangle... I usually use a thin flathead screwdriver to gently push against that tab and it will pop out/unlock so you can pull them apart.
    Avoid using a things that are too pointy as it will just gouge the tab and not open it.
    HTH
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

I have used G42's method with the flathead screwdriver and it worked just fine. Here is a thread about it with others weighing in on their methods and some helpful pictures.

https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...per-pulls.html
      Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Comment

I've pulled them off with a pair of pliers without damage in the past. The secret is to pry gently to one side instead of trying to pull straight out. They'll release with minimal pressure once you pull to one side, then you can pull them apart.

Comment

Yes, I do that all the time. I have changed pull colors so often, mine have probably been re-used 4-5 times. They are very sturdy! The video posted is probably the safest way to do it, I was using a butter knife and prying from the top part to pull them apart.

Comment

Working...
          X