Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,576   Posts: 188,295   Members: 6,534   Active Members: 280
Welcome to our newest member, Skysarwer.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another A30 vs A45 - which one will weigh 10 kgs packed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigBadD
    replied
    Originally posted by snyggsomfan View Post
    Yea, I am leaning towards the 45 for that reason and I understand that it works very well underpacked.
    The A45 works well even if under-packed, but I do prefer then having the optional internal frame to maintain its shape for ease and comfort when carrying as a backpack.

Leave a comment:

• snyggsomfan
    replied
    Yea, I am leaning towards the 45 for that reason and I understand that it works very well underpacked.

Leave a comment:

• BigBadD
    replied
    Assuming that you don’t find an A45 too large to carry and that there is no size limitation, then I effectively agree with Bogiesan’s view - an A45 seems to give you most options. You don’t need to fill it.

Leave a comment:

• snyggsomfan
    replied
    Thank you all for the input.
    @Bogiesan. I do not want replace two bags with the A30/45. I now carry a total of 15-16 kgs in a kitbag +WF or P and want 10 of these kgs in an A so that the WF/Pilot do not weigh more than 5-6 kgs.

Leave a comment:

• carrot
    replied
    Originally posted by BWeaves View Post
    I have an A45, and fully packed it's barely 14 lbs. BUT, I do not carry electronics or water bottles. I only pack one pair of very light shoes, and sometimes I don't even bring extra shoes.
    Wow, you pack light!

Because I pack a camera and some other dense electronic gear, my S19 or S22 grazes about 14lbs when packed for a typical two or three week trip.

Leave a comment:

• BWeaves
    replied
    I have an A45, and fully packed it's barely 14 lbs. BUT, I do not carry electronics or water bottles. I only pack one pair of very light shoes, and sometimes I don't even bring extra shoes.

Leave a comment:

• Bogiesan
    replied
    >> The thing is I fly helicopter to work and the max weight per luggage is 10 kg or 22 lbs.
    I also carry a Pilot or WF <<

I don't quite understand the inquiry. You want to replace the two bags you carry now, a Pilot and/or WF, and whatever other duffle or suitcase you're schlepping, with one large bag? Get the Aeronaut 45. If you fill it up, great. If you don't, also great. I am inferring you could easily just get both the A30 and A45, in matching colors, and use whichever accommodates your seasonal wardrobes. The Aeronauts are great bags.

Leave a comment:

• PaulT00
    replied
    My recent trip to Luxembourg was with a pretty full (ballistic) A30 weighed in at the check-in desk at just over 10Kg, although a chunk of that wasn't just clothes - there was a pair of (leather) boots, a bundle of cables, medications etc. But I would agree with the general feeling that an A30 can easily be >10Kg while an A45 would be difficult to keep below the limit - and would probably be quite under packed. Some of it will depend on bulk versus weight of what you're packing - if there are things like a bulky but lightweight down filled parka in there than YMMV!

Leave a comment:

• b1gsky
    replied
    On my last trip I had my RB36 fairly full and the weight was around 7,5 kg - seems like I have voluminous but fairly light things? I think I would go with the A30 when the total needs to be under 10kg. With the A45 you would need to pay attention every time not to overpack it. In a bag that size it's easy to go over 10kg.

Leave a comment:

• Rei
    replied
    for record I pack arround 8kg into my GES25 (so almost 9kg into 25L, and I'm a tiny person)

Leave a comment:

• LordAnubis
    replied
    It’s already a bit late but I reckon 10kgs goes easy into an A30. I used to get about 15 kilos into my A45.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• snyggsomfan
    replied
    Well. as I mentioned, I carry 2 bags and I want as much of the total weight as possible in the Aeronaut.

Leave a comment:

• ThomGault
    replied
    As @G42 mentioned, clothing weight and type is very subjective. Wouldn't it be simpler to weigh all of the items you intend to take with you, and then compute the total baggage weight with each of the bags added in? I don't particularly understand your desire to maximize the weight of clothes you take...shouldn't you focus on simply taking everything that you need?

Leave a comment:

• snyggsomfan
    replied
    Thanks Denises, that was very helpful. Looks like I will need the 45 to reach 10 kgs then.

Leave a comment:

• Denises
    replied
    I own an A30 and find it runs to 7kg when comfortably full, or 8kg if it's really packed tight. That's with clothing, footwear, toiletries, chargers etc.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X