Comparing Small Cafe Bag to Side Kick size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comparing Small Cafe Bag to Side Kick size

I have a SCB that I use for EDC, but sometimes it's a big too large usually, and I'm looking for something smaller. I've largely decided against the Side Effect because I would like something to fit my 7" Kindle, so I'm considering the Side Kick.

The thing I don't quite understand is that the SK's dimensions are pretty close to the SCB's, but its volume (3L) is half that of the SCB's (6L). If someone has both, could you please post a picture of them side-by-side or on top one each other? Would the SK feel smaller at all? If not, I may just stick with the SCB...

Thanks!

Hi sofi! I can post pictures in a bit of both, but the sidekick is definitely smaller than the scb. I think some of that 6l is from the back pocket of scb as that can expand outside the bag where as the sidekick is fully contained. I absolutely love my sidekick, but occasionally grab my scb when I need more room.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    3DOC,SK,SCB,A30, DLBP

Comment

Originally posted by sofi View Post
      I have a SCB that I use for EDC, but sometimes it's a big too large usually, and I'm looking for something smaller. I've largely decided against the Side Effect because I would like something to fit my 7" Kindle, so I'm considering the Side Kick.

The thing I don't quite understand is that the SK's dimensions are pretty close to the SCB's, but its volume (3L) is half that of the SCB's (6L). If someone has both, could you please post a picture of them side-by-side or on top one each other? Would the SK feel smaller at all? If not, I may just stick with the SCB...

Thanks!
      Welcome to the Forums sofi
      I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

So apparently the system is only letting me upload one picture at a time so here are the two bags next to each other

3DOC,SK,SCB,A30, DLBP

Comment

This is the sidekick inside the scb.

3DOC,SK,SCB,A30, DLBP

Comment

This is the sidekick in front of the scb.

3DOC,SK,SCB,A30, DLBP

Comment

This is the scb vertical going into the horizontal sidekick for reference.

3DOC,SK,SCB,A30, DLBP

Comment

And this is the sidekick in front of the scb horizontally.

3DOC,SK,SCB,A30, DLBP

Comment

Hopefully those help and I just noticed that one of the cats snuck their mouse toy under the door and into the pictures. Please let me know if you want a pack out of either bag. For me the sidekick is amazing until it's stuffed to the gills and then it's like wearing a brick on a shoulder strap. But at that point, I can upgrade to the scb for more space. The big difference for me is that the sidekick is much more organized while the scb feels a bit more like a hole I can just throw things into.

3DOC,SK,SCB,A30, DLBP

Comment

In regards to fitting your kindle, I have fit both a iPad mini and a Kindle plus all of my purse things in it and a snack for a flight. A fun fact is that it fits amazingly into the end pocket of the A30 if you ever need to store it.

3DOC,SK,SCB,A30, DLBP

Comment

Great reference pictures MsMoonMoon
                      Monster Truck (Nebulous Gray) Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel Mini (Burnt Orange) Yeoman Duffel Small (Steel)

Comment

MsMoonMoon these pictures are wonderful. They gave me a much better sense of how the two bags compare -- thanks so much!

Comment

Of course! Happy to help! I know it's a lot easier to tell the actual size of a bag from actual photos.

3DOC,SK,SCB,A30, DLBP

Comment

Which Kindle do you have? I can tell you that my Kindle Paperwhite does fit in the side effect (with a case on even)!
                            A30 - Original Halcyon/UV MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! SE - NORDIC/Solar TT - Sitka

TB Newbie First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heart’s desire: a S19 or S25 in original NORDIC.

Comment

jessmakes it's the 7" Oasis, so I don't think it would fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X