Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,492   Posts: 187,432   Members: 6,453   Active Members: 342
Welcome to our newest member, parisbandarq.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comparing Small Cafe Bag to Side Kick size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanderlust77
    replied
    @soft I just tested my 7” Oasis in my Side Effect and I was surprised that it fits! The bottom pic is without a cover, the top pic is with a slim cover. The SE zipped closed easily without straining the zipper. This is with a halcyon SE, I don’t have a ballistic SE to test.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	7AFD06ED-F9ED-40B0-A85B-1F1E1609EA6C.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	376.7 KB
ID:	307883

Leave a comment:

• sofi
    replied
    jessmakes it's the 7" Oasis, so I don't think it would fit.

Leave a comment:

• jessmakes
    replied
    Which Kindle do you have? I can tell you that my Kindle Paperwhite does fit in the side effect (with a case on even)!

Leave a comment:

• MsMoonMoon
    replied
    Of course! Happy to help! I know it's a lot easier to tell the actual size of a bag from actual photos.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• sofi
    replied
    MsMoonMoon these pictures are wonderful. They gave me a much better sense of how the two bags compare -- thanks so much!

Leave a comment:

• Chris D.
    replied
    Great reference pictures MsMoonMoon

Leave a comment:

• MsMoonMoon
    replied
    In regards to fitting your kindle, I have fit both a iPad mini and a Kindle plus all of my purse things in it and a snack for a flight. A fun fact is that it fits amazingly into the end pocket of the A30 if you ever need to store it.

Leave a comment:

• MsMoonMoon
    replied
    Hopefully those help and I just noticed that one of the cats snuck their mouse toy under the door and into the pictures. Please let me know if you want a pack out of either bag. For me the sidekick is amazing until it's stuffed to the gills and then it's like wearing a brick on a shoulder strap. But at that point, I can upgrade to the scb for more space. The big difference for me is that the sidekick is much more organized while the scb feels a bit more like a hole I can just throw things into.

Leave a comment:

• MsMoonMoon
    replied
    And this is the sidekick in front of the scb horizontally.

Leave a comment:

• MsMoonMoon
    replied
    This is the scb vertical going into the horizontal sidekick for reference.

Leave a comment:

• MsMoonMoon
    replied
    This is the sidekick in front of the scb.

Leave a comment:

• MsMoonMoon
    replied
    This is the sidekick inside the scb.

Leave a comment:

• MsMoonMoon
    replied
    So apparently the system is only letting me upload one picture at a time so here are the two bags next to each other

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    Originally posted by sofi View Post
    I have a SCB that I use for EDC, but sometimes it's a big too large usually, and I'm looking for something smaller. I've largely decided against the Side Effect because I would like something to fit my 7" Kindle, so I'm considering the Side Kick.

The thing I don't quite understand is that the SK's dimensions are pretty close to the SCB's, but its volume (3L) is half that of the SCB's (6L). If someone has both, could you please post a picture of them side-by-side or on top one each other? Would the SK feel smaller at all? If not, I may just stick with the SCB...

Thanks!
    Welcome to the Forums sofi

Leave a comment:

• MsMoonMoon
    replied
    Hi sofi! I can post pictures in a bit of both, but the sidekick is definitely smaller than the scb. I think some of that 6l is from the back pocket of scb as that can expand outside the bag where as the sidekick is fully contained. I absolutely love my sidekick, but occasionally grab my scb when I need more room.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X