Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 15,301   Posts: 197,936   Members: 7,255   Active Members: 177
Welcome to our newest member, thefrillyhell.

Colour Choices - Ursa or Aubergine or Nebulous Grey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jnetg16
    • Mar 2016

Colour Choices - Ursa or Aubergine or Nebulous Grey?

Hi - does anyone have a bag in the Ursa colour? Is it a brown? It's so hard for me to determine the colour from the screen. I'm looking at pre-ordering a Side Kick and cannot decide on the colour...it's driving me crazy! I want to purchase a Tote Bag at the same time (I know they're in production still... I'm hoping that they will be made around the same time so that I can get order sent together..otherwise it's just too expensive to Australia). For the Tote Bag I was looking at the Aubergine or Nebulous Grey (love the Red but worried about dirt marks showing)... and I don't want the same colour for both bags... decisions decisions!
  • bijoux
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2013

You can see Ursa in person if you like. I can post an URSA super mini ghost whale easily, I am in Australia.

Comment

• b1gsky
      Forum Member
      • Jul 2015

Here's a picture of my Ursa and Aubergine MCB next to each other: https://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vi...tml#post193732

Ursa is definitely brown, but it works well with cool colors. Depending on the light it changes from warm to cool. Aubergine is the same, it can look quite different depending on lighting. I love both colors, they're quite versatile. I tried Nebulous Grey once (in the L12) because I thought I would love it, but for me it didn't work as a neutral.

Comment

• jnetg16
        • Mar 2016

That’s very sweet of you... however I’m now leaning towards the Aubergine as I think a “brown” will not fit in with my clothing... I was torn...

Comment

• jnetg16
          • Mar 2016

Thankyou.... a definite brown won’t work for me... I wear mainly blacks, blues, purple. I was going to go for something different but I think it wise to stay with a colour I’m used to. Thanks for the heads up on the grey.

Comment

• b1gsky
            Forum Member
            • Jul 2015

I also love black, blues and purple and Ursa works well with those colors! In fact I'm hoping they will offer an Ursa/Dawn Café bag one day (Dawn is a lilac purple grey). If you are into color theory I would say I'm wearing a lot of soft summer colors and both Ursa and Aubergine work well because they are neither too cool nor too warm. But you can't go wrong with Aubergine, I love that color. The only color it clashes with is a true red like burgundy which I like too. When I wear burgundy I use my Ursa bags instead.

Comment

• jnetg16
              • Mar 2016

Sigh....if only I could afford two SideKicks! ��

Comment

• BigBadD
                Forum Member
                • Mar 2018

Another recommendation for aubergine. Definitely my preferred choice for most TB bags. It coordinates well with most other colours, but has some character.

Comment

• Wanderlust77
                  Forum Member
                  • Feb 2018

Aubergine is my favorite! It coordinates with almost everything.

Comment

• jnetg16
                    • Mar 2016

Originally posted by BigBadD View Post
                    Another recommendation for aubergine. Definitely my preferred choice for most TB bags. It coordinates well with most other colours, but has some character.
                    Thankyou for your input ����

Comment

• jnetg16
                      • Mar 2016

Thankyou...I love it too, but was trying to get something different...

Comment

• b1gsky
                        Forum Member
                        • Jul 2015

Wearing the right sweater today to illustrate the point I made earlier, so I took a quick picture.

Click image for larger version

Name:	OI000703.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	385.8 KB
ID:	307900

Comment

• BigBadD
                          Forum Member
                          • Mar 2018

Originally posted by jnetg16 View Post
                          Sigh....if only I could afford two SideKicks! ��
                          Apart from Shop Bags which I use regularly, the SideKick is the only TB bag I have and intend to have more than one of (I have two) as it is so useful almost every day. First was in Olive, second after I discovered Aubergine. Agree with the sigh though, they’re not cheap...

Comment

• jnetg16
                            • Mar 2016

Thankyou for taking the time to make a photo. I’ve now decided to go with the Ursa. It was my first choice but I ummed and aaahed ����. But seeing a few photos in different lighting I can see it does blend well with other colours. Looks great with your jumper�� Take care. Now to set the alarm for 1:05am!

Comment

• pammy
                              Forum Member
                              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by jnetg16 View Post
                              Thankyou for taking the time to make a photo. I’ve now decided to go with the Ursa. It was my first choice but I ummed and aaahed ����. But seeing a few photos in different lighting I can see it does blend well with other colours. Looks great with your jumper�� Take care. Now to set the alarm for 1:05am!
                              I think you will really like Ursa. To me it’s an espresso color that is very classy and a great alternative to black. One thing I would suggest is if you have interest in other colors that you haven’t seen in person, you can request that swatches be included with your order. So next time you order, you will be ready to go. I got swatches of 400d and 200d Taiga and 200d Tidal and I appreciate seeing them in real life, not just on my monitor or iPad. Lighting does make a big difference in how color is interpreted.
                              Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Comment

Working...
                              X