Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solaris vs Acuity in Halcyon for Interior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solaris vs Acuity in Halcyon for Interior?

So I am looking at getting a bag or two once things are restocked, but I am having a little bit of trouble deciding on the interior liner, specifically between Solaris and Acuity in halcyon.

Actually, I don’t think any of my other bags are in halcyon, so I’m wondering what does it feel like? Some of my bags with ballistic interiors kind of get a “waxy” feel to them after some use (not sure if it’s because It’s lower deniers compared to the exterior or what). Does the halcyon do that too?

Solaris looks like a nice, high contrast color, but I’m a little concerned it may be too loud (like does it hurt your eyes when you’re looking for something inside your bag)? I also wonder if it’ll show stains (like ink or dirt) easier?

On the other hand, Acuity seems very subtle, but I can’t really tell based on the thumbnail what color spectrum it’s supposed to be on (is it more or a grey or a blue?). Does it stain easily?

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by daaarn; 02-21-2021, 01:53 PM.

I've not noticed any of my halcyon interiors to feel waxy, but I don't notice it on the ballistic interiors either. The halcyon feels nice and structurally pliable without being too slippery. In terms of color, I think Acuity is beautiful and it would make a great interior color. I'd love to get an Ursa/Acuity combo. I have a stuff sack in Acuity and to me, it looks like a baby blue.
    Current Carry: Swift (Verde/UV), SK (Steel/Iberian) & SSC (Sitka)

Comment

Originally posted by daaarn View Post

Solaris looks like a nice, high contrast color, but I’m a little concerned it may be too loud (like does it hurt your eyes when you’re looking for something inside your bag)? I also wonder if it’ll show stains (like ink or dirt) easier?
      I preordered a Synik30 with Solaris interior precisely because I want it to be loud. I get unusually triggered by black/dark interior. I feel like interacting with Solaris will give me the same warm feeling I get soaking up the sun on a nice sunny day.

Originally posted by AHesting View Post
      I've not noticed any of my halcyon interiors to feel waxy, but I don't notice it on the ballistic interiors either. The halcyon feels nice and structurally pliable without being too slippery. In terms of color, I think Acuity is beautiful and it would make a great interior color. I'd love to get an Ursa/Acuity combo. I have a stuff sack in Acuity and to me, it looks like a baby blue.
      Glad to hear Acuity is baby blue because that's exactly what I saw from the photo and why I ordered the Ursa/Acuity SK.

Comment

For accurate color samples of Acuity and Solaris (with comparisons with other colors), check gochicken’s Pantone Color Pictures thread starting with this post and scroll down.

There’s no corresponding picture of Tidal, but the current best pictures of Acuity and Tidal, comparing the two colors, and also showing both these colors at different lighting angles is probably this Instagram video of the Everyday Cubelet in Acuity and Tidal shown side by side and rotated through different angles. (You have to Press the play button at the left to show the images in video mode).

I’m a big fan of the earlier bags with Solar linings — my original Synapse (back when it was first released, and only made in the size we now call S19) was Indgo/Solar. So was my TriStar in the same color combination (but in Indigo Ballistic Nylon). It was also terrific with Steel Ballistic (my Co-Pilot), and in my favorite Side Effect color combination (Original 400d Nordic Halcyon/Solar).

That said, I think that the Ursa/Acuity combination AHesting reference should be a terrific combination. There’s some earlier discussion of Acuity in the Discussion of New Colors, New Designs thread. Take a look at @Cristina’s post and scroll both up and down to read discussion post comments and pictures of Acuity.

HTH

moriond

Comment

The fabrics are very durable in general but if you let an ink pen or a sharpie or similar bleed into the fabric, it will show up more on any light colour than dark obviously - from that point of view, both Solaris and Acuity are light colours.

Yellow is generally considered to be more energetic and blue more calming...

The bags you chose may factor in as well, since different styles allow different amounts of ambient light into their depths and the volume of lining material is different.

Another thing some people consider is whether or not they want to use organizer pouches or other bag-in-bag, Freudian Slips, etc. inside and what type of contrast/clash/match they want.
          I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Sorry for me being very biased: I'd recommend Solaris! I have a Maker's Bag in Nebulous Grey/Solaris and a Paragon in Black/Solaris. Solaris is a bright but very warm yellow, so it doesn't hurt the eye. It illuminates the bag from the inside. I am usually more on the blue/grey/black side but Solaris immediately won me over. And Halcyon has a very nice touch which I consider to be smoother than all the Ballistic fabrics. Acuity is certainly very nice too
            ...spread joy in your neighbourhood (and not Corona!)
            current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
              For accurate color samples of Acuity and Solaris (with comparisons with other colors), check gochicken’s Pantone Color Pictures thread starting with this post and scroll down.

There’s no corresponding picture of Tidal, but the current best pictures of Acuity and Tidal, comparing the two colors, and also showing both these colors at different lighting angles is probably this Instagram video of the Everyday Cubelet in Acuity and Tidal shown side by side and rotated through different angles. (You have to Press the play button at the left to show the images in video mode).

I’m a big fan of the earlier bags with Solar linings — my original Synapse (back when it was first released, and only made in the size we now call S19) was Indgo/Solar. So was my TriStar in the same color combination (but in Indigo Ballistic Nylon). It was also terrific with Steel Ballistic (my Co-Pilot), and in my favorite Side Effect color combination (Original 400d Nordic Halcyon/Solar).

That said, I think that the Ursa/Acuity combination AHesting reference should be a terrific combination. There’s some earlier discussion of Acuity in the Discussion of New Colors, New Designs thread. Take a look at @Cristina’s post and scroll both up and down to read discussion post comments and pictures of Acuity.

HTH

moriond
              Thanks for the tips and references. For some reason, all the Acuity interiors that were in production disappeared off the website! I messaged Darcy to see what’s going on. I hope it’s just a blip and it’ll be back because I was leaning towards the Acuity. The Solaris would probably be my backup choice at this point though.

Originally posted by AHesting View Post
              The Acuity definitely looks nice. I like how lowkey it is. I still like Solaris, but my first instinct is to go for a more subtle color.

Comment

Originally posted by bartleby View Post
                Sorry for me being very biased: I'd recommend Solaris! I have a Maker's Bag in Nebulous Grey/Solaris and a Paragon in Black/Solaris. Solaris is a bright but very warm yellow, so it doesn't hurt the eye. It illuminates the bag from the inside. I am usually more on the blue/grey/black side but Solaris immediately won me over. And Halcyon has a very nice touch which I consider to be smoother than all the Ballistic fabrics. Acuity is certainly very nice too
                Looking at some reference photos, the Solaris does look warmer than I initially thought. It’s definitely a strong second choice if the acuity becomes unavailable.

Comment

Working...
                X