Help with First Purchase Decision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with First Purchase Decision

Hi all, I am planning on making my first Synapse 25 purchase and need some help making my choice. I am deciding between the Black 400 Halcyon and the Black 525 Ballistic.

Here are my thoughts...I would prefer the bag to be more flimsy than form holding and bulky, but I prefer the plain black look over the checkered black halcyon. Is the 525 Ballistic that much stifffer and bulky when not fully packed than the halcyon material? Does the ballistic soften and become more flimsy over time?

All your help is appreciated!

Welcome to the Forums Zelldogg37

The ballistics do soften and become less stiff / more supple (flimsy doesn't seem like the right word - sorry!) over time, but that can take a couple of years, depending on how often you use it.

The 400d halcyons are definitely more flexible.

You can read more about the materials in the Materials Glossary https://www.tombihn.com/pages/materials

You can also request sample material swatches from the fine folks in Customer Service. It's not the same as having a full bag (especially one that is lined, has straps, etc), but you'd get a better idea of the feel and also the appearance.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

If you prefer the plain black then get the 525d ballistic. I feel like the difference isn’t as big as it sometimes sounds reading reviews and the 525d will be flexible enough to start with and get softer in time.

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post
        Welcome to the Forums Zelldogg37

The ballistics do soften and become less stiff / more supple (flimsy doesn't seem like the right word - sorry!) over time, but that can take a couple of years, depending on how often you use it.

The 400d halcyons are definitely more flexible.

You can read more about the materials in the Materials Glossary https://www.tombihn.com/pages/materials

You can also request sample material swatches from the fine folks in Customer Service. It's not the same as having a full bag (especially one that is lined, has straps, etc), but you'd get a better idea of the feel and also the appearance.

Thanks you for your response!

Comment

Originally posted by b1gsky View Post
          If you prefer the plain black then get the 525d ballistic. I feel like the difference isn’t as big as it sometimes sounds reading reviews and the 525d will be flexible enough to start with and get softer in time.
          Thanks you for your response!

Comment

Working...
          X