Ristretto laptop compartment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ristretto laptop compartment

I currently use a Surface Pro which fits with room to spare in my Ristretto. I'm switching to a 13.5" Surface Book. I'm picking it up tomorrow and just realized that it might not fit. Does anyone have experience with this combination?

I thought I'd update in case anyone is interested. The Surface Book fits well in the padded laptop compartment. I wouldn't be surprised if a 15" laptop could be squeezed in. I want to note that I purchased a medium size padded pouch and regret that decision in retrospect. It's nice but the padding leaves precious little real estate in the rest of the bag. I would purchase the thinnest pouch if I had a mulligan.

Comment

Welcome to the Forums Hankthetank !

Glad you worked it out and shared it here. I prefer backpacks or the horizontal DLBC, so I've never tried a Ristretto. I don't think we've seen pack out pics in a while, so maybe post a new thread with what you're trying out if you have time - we love pics!
      I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

I use mine with a 2017 MacBook Pro 15” and it fits just about right. A bit of the top sticks out so the flap doesn’t tuck in all the way, but it works. I’d say it’s very snug, almost like the laptop compartment was made for a 15”.

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post

Glad you worked it out and shared it here. I prefer backpacks or the horizontal DLBC, so I've never tried a Ristretto. I don't think we've seen pack out pics in a while, so maybe post a new thread with what you're trying out if you have time - we love pics!
          Originally posted by G42 View Post

I’m reticent to start a new thread with pictures because I’m more a lurker and don’t want to appear rude if I’m not fully engaging. I will post pics here but have no qualms if a mod moves them to a picture forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the pics Hankthetank its always interesting to see what people carry and how... and posting them here is totally fine, we want everyone to be comfortable with how they hang out and interact here
            I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Just for the record, I have a 15" Lenovo X1 and it fits in my Ristretto. I don't carry it in there though, I do use it for my 12.9" iPad pro, which fits easily on the inside, or the outside pocket.

Comment

Working...
              X