Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waist Straps

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Waist Straps

    Regarding the new waist straps...if we order a bag with one, but decide, on occasion, not to use them, can they be stored or removed, or is the only option to let them dangle down.

    Thanks.

    P.S...I'm a big guy....what's the max waist it will fit?
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers.

    Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

    #2
    Not sure on the new bags with the waist straps, but you could always order a bag without them, then add on the retrofit waist straps. They're guaranteed to come off!

    Comment


      #3
      hi,

      yes! the waist strap can easily be removed and stored. for a demonstration, see this video on how the gatekeeper clips make it easy to remove and reattach the waist strap.

      i'm not sure what the max waist size is, but i'll measure later tonight and let you know.

      Originally posted by fbrown627 View Post
      Regarding the new waist straps...if we order a bag with one, but decide, on occasion, not to use them, can they be stored or removed, or is the only option to let them dangle down.

      Thanks.

      P.S...I'm a big guy....what's the max waist it will fit?
      -m

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by maverick View Post
        hi,

        yes! the waist strap can easily be removed and stored. for a demonstration, see this video on how the gatekeeper clips make it easy to remove and reattach the waist strap.

        i'm not sure what the max waist size is, but i'll measure later tonight and let you know.
        I may be confused. I thought we were referring to the new waist strap on the Aeronaut/Western Flyer/Tri-Star.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by MsMoon View Post
          I may be confused. I thought we were referring to the new waist strap on the Aeronaut/Western Flyer/Tri-Star.
          oh - i'm sorry. i assumed that the waist strap on the aeronaut/western flyer/tri-star use the gatekeeper clips. is that not the case?
          -m

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by maverick View Post
            oh - i'm sorry. i assumed that the waist strap on the aeronaut/western flyer/tri-star use the gatekeeper clips. is that not the case?
            You know, if you look at pictures z and z1 of the Tri-Star and k of the Western Flyer, it does appear that they are connected by gatekeeper clips. I wonder how they are designing the retrofit?

            Comment


              #7
              Any ideas on when the retrofit waist straps will be shipping? I am leaving on a trip May 23 and would like to add them to my order, but I don't want to hold up everything else if it's going to be longer.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by maverick View Post
                i'm not sure what the max waist size is, but i'll measure later tonight and let you know.
                sorry i didn't respond to this earlier.

                i checked the waist strap on my medium cafe bag. i would estimate that it would fit a 40" or a 42" waist.
                -m

                Comment


                  #9
                  ALL TOM BIHN bags - with the exception of the Side Effect - that have waist straps have removable waist straps.

                  Here's a link to the Waist Strap retrofit kit page.

                  It's not quite done yet, but you are welcome to go ahead and order it!
                  Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

                  Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X