Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,531   Posts: 187,828   Members: 6,493   Active Members: 287
Welcome to our newest member, dcaisson.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tri-Star shoulder strap attachment points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tri-Star shoulder strap attachment points

So from the description of the Tri-Star:

"The attachment points for an optional shoulder strap are off-set on the Tri-Star to provide the best balance and comfort should you carry the bag with a shoulder strap"

It appears after looking at pictures of this, these off-centered points would be more advantageous to those wanting to put the bag over their right shoulder. Has anyone had experience using the Tri-Star strapped over their left shoulder?

Or to Darcy and the Crew: is it possible for a lefty to request upon order of a Tri-Star that the off-center points be reversed?

Thanks again for the help all!

Interesting point, photomatt. Perhaps just adding 2 additional points would make the more versatile in general.
    Bags: Latest: Pop Tote and Shop Bag (large) ; also have a Co-Pilot, Super Ego (w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut; Medium Cafe Bag; Large Cafe Bag; Brain Cell; Shop Bag small, (Steel); Packing Cube Shoulder Bag. Accessories: Oh yeah, bunches.
    Sadly Lost to Hazmat: An Imago in Steel/Cork & MCB in Linen/Olive.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Comment

Machina- that's actually a great idea!

In general, most "things" in life are designed with the right-handed person first and foremost; and the Tri-Star is no exception, with everything geared to rightys from the location of the pockets, direction the zippers open/close, etc.

This potential issue certainly didn't keep me from buying the Aeronaut which I absolutely love.

**Darcy/Anyone at Tom Bihn- What are your thoughts on adding the two additional off-centered attachment points on the Tri-Star? Aside from the upside of the bag being more appealing to the left-handed people, what are the drawbacks and/or potential problems of a fix like this?

Or if this is not mass-producable, can I please make a one-time request upon placement of my order of a Tri-Star? With a cherry on top?

Thanks again!

-Matthew

Comment

Originally posted by photomatt View Post
        It appears after looking at pictures of this, these off-centered points would be more advantageous to those wanting to put the bag over their right shoulder. Has anyone had experience using the Tri-Star strapped over their left shoulder?
        We found that the placement works well for wearing on the right or the left shoulder, and that the bag feels well-balanced regardless of which shoulder you carry it on - so, there's not a need to add an extra set of attachment points (which would only add weight to the bag.) That should be good news for you!
        Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

I agree, I switch shoulders depending on the traveling context and have found it equally comfortable on either side. The pockets are easily accessible either way, though being right hand dominant, I find it much easier to open them when the bag is on my right.

Chris

Comment

Working...
          X