Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,580   Posts: 188,312   Members: 6,539   Active Members: 284
Welcome to our newest member, tam017.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man bag / Airplane personal item

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll have to post pics later, but:

I got my Synapse today. I've just swapped my stuff from the Brain Bag to the Synapse while I'm home for lunch.

The Synapse holds everything I really need from the Brain Bag, even when I cycle, so I think it's going to work out really well as an everyday bag. There's room for a pair of tennis shoes, even with the main compartment currently holding a U-lock and rain jacket, and I'm pretty sure there's also room for me to bring home dirty clothes in that space on the days I cycle (when I wouldn't have tennis shoes in that compartment).

Love it so far!

Comment

Co-Pilot?

...and now I've just seen the Co-Pilot. I might prefer that one. I actually have a question about it: would a 13" Macbook fit in it, either in a Brain Cell or just loose? (Obviously I know putting a Macbook loose into a bag isn't necessarily the best idea, but I'd like to know whether it's even an option.)

Thanks,
      Tim

Comment

Originally posted by TimK65 View Post
        ...and now I've just seen the Co-Pilot. I might prefer that one. I actually have a question about it: would a 13" Macbook fit in it, either in a Brain Cell or just loose? (Obviously I know putting a Macbook loose into a bag isn't necessarily the best idea, but I'd like to know whether it's even an option.)

Thanks,
        Tim
        hi tim,

the co-pilot is sized to carry an ipad or a netbook in a horizontal cache.

the 13" macbook's dimensions are 13" x 9.12" x 1.08". the imago, ristretto and large cafe bag are better suited for carrying a 13" macbook.
        -m

Comment

Doesn't look like it. The Co-Pilot product page says 12" x 10" x 5". The case of my MacBook measures just under 13 inches.

Also, without a waist strap, the Co-Pilot doesn't sound ideal for biking.

Enjoy the Synapse.

Comment

Working...
          X