Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,492   Posts: 187,430   Members: 6,453   Active Members: 342
Welcome to our newest member, parisbandarq.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assembling Absolute Strap

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darcy
    replied
    Good idea backpack! Done!

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    Amazing drawing and explanations.

Thank You Katy!

You are really talented, very smart way to show us how it works.

Combined with Maverick video, putting the hardware back into the Absolute Strap should be a no brainer.

Could this thread be pinned so we have an easy to access how to?

Alternatively, an how to section could be created either on this forum or the blog to access such information really quickly.

Leave a comment:

• Just
    replied
    Yup, the second one is more intuitive for me.

Awesome work!

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Amazing, Katy!!

Leave a comment:

• ex machina
    replied
    That's real nifty, Katy! Next: improved airline safety cards.

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    Is this what you were thinking? I think this is easier to understand . Now that I think about it the snap hooks turned out pretty good, maybe I just wanted to show them off .

Click image for larger version

Name:	AbsoluteStraphowto2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	630.4 KB
ID:	287613

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    Perhaps you're just misunderstanding the way I visualized it and I guess I could have flipped the view of the snap hook as well. I did a little extra tweaking after I posted this to clarify the views.

The left is a birds eye view on the top of the strap, neoprene side up, and the view on the right is neoprene side down.

I just tried to illustrate the way I try to put the hardware on, I usually end up flipping and rotating it about a hundred times..my tiny and weak hands have a hard time with webbing .

Maybe your way would be more clear. I'll make another version

Leave a comment:

• Just
    replied
    Maybe it's just me, but in Step 2, shouldn't the webbing be going the other way through the snaphook?

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    Thank you! I recently switched to the CS5 Suite so I'm still getting used to the changes, somehow I turned on the new perspective tool and couldn't figure out how to turn it off I gave up and opened a new art board

Leave a comment:

• maverick
    replied
    wow! very nice!!

Tom,

Katy deserves a raise for that one! :-)

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    I never said I was good at drawing snaphooks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Katy; 06-11-2010, 03:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Espresso
    replied
    Thank you!

That was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much for the quick response! Now, it's off to Moncton and the Bay of Fundy!

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    Haha! I'm getting old too Some guy I was friends with in high school added me as a friend recently. I remember his name and his face but that's about it. I know we were friends but I can't remember anything about it. He is excited about finding and talking to me and I'm still thinking "how do I know you....?"

I should have this diagram done pretty soon, I think in addition to your video it will be a good tool!

Leave a comment:

• maverick
    replied
    Originally posted by Katy View Post
    Is this the video you were looking for?
    http://www.youtube.com/tombihn#p/u/10/hOpmHKpMQfo

Good solution Maverick! I'll make a diagram in Illustrator for the future just in case.
    thanks, katy! i just reread espresso's post after reading yours and realized that he couldn't find the video - not that he couldn't figure out how to put the hardware back on the strap after watching the video, as i originally thought.

you know, it's scary - i'm not only becoming more forgetful, but i'm also starting to gloss over details. i'm getting older.

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    Originally posted by maverick View Post
    hi espresso,

can you describe the issue you are having?

or better yet, do you have a webcam you can point at the strap and i can try to walk you through putting it together? we can video chat over skype if that works for you.
    Is this the video you were looking for?
    http://www.youtube.com/tombihn#p/u/10/hOpmHKpMQfo

Good solution Maverick! I'll make a diagram in Illustrator for the future just in case.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X