Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Western Flyer Questions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    New Western Flyer Questions

    Nice new design....some questions:

    1) What are the weights of the bags--they can't both be the same?

    2) The photos of the new Western Flyer show zipper pulls. The old Western Flyer had cord pulls. Which will the new bag have? (Please say zipper pulls as the cord pulls was one of the main reasons I didn't get the old WF. )
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers.

    Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

    #2
    I am very happy the WF now comes with the "rolling luggage" option. I will wait a bit to see if the Tristar is offered with the same before I order.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by fbrown627 View Post
      Nice new design....some questions:

      1) What are the weights of the bags--they can't both be the same?

      2) The photos of the new Western Flyer show zipper pulls. The old Western Flyer had cord pulls. Which will the new bag have? (Please say zipper pulls as the cord pulls was one of the main reasons I didn't get the old WF. )
      Excellent questions.

      1) We should have the weight of the "rolling luggage" pocket version tomorrow.

      2) Zipper Pulls, though Cord Pulls will be included for those who wish to switch to those.
      Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

      Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

      Comment


        #4
        Hi

        I am a recent convert to Tom Bihn bags - I just love them (& the pouches!) - I started by buying a small cafe bag as my old bag had worn out, since then (it has only been about a month) - I have bought an Imago (for when the cafe bag is too small), a medium cafe bag (for when the Imago is too big), a synapse for when I go to the gym - oh, and a side effect for when a bag is too much.

        I am seriously considering getting the Western Flyer (for when I go away for weekends etc), but am not sure whether I need the backpack straps or the rolling luggage option. (I don't have any rolling luggage, but it looks kind of cool to be able to put a magazine etc in the pocket). Therefore I have a couple of questions:

        Q1 : When the backpack straps are packed away, do they reduce the interior capacity of the bag itself at all? - ie. by 'bulging' inwards. (Hope this makes sense)

        Q2: If I place an order for the Western Flyer now, is payment taken immediately when the order is placed, or on shipment instead?
        Thanks in advance

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Sylvester View Post
          Q1 : When the backpack straps are packed away, do they reduce the interior capacity of the bag itself at all? - ie. by 'bulging' inwards. (Hope this makes sense)
          hi sylvester!

          i've carried the western flyer, tri-star, and aeronaut with the backpack straps, and at times have had to pack away the backpack straps. for example, if you check a bag, you will want to pack away the backpack straps (and the absolute shoulder strap if it is connected) so that it doesn't catch on anything when it makes its way to your destination.

          the backpack straps fit nicely inside and don't affect the space inside of the bag. even when the bag is super stuffed, the backpack straps can be packed away easily. you can even pack the absolute shoulder strap in the backpack strap pocket.

          let me know if you have any questions.
          -m

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Sylvester View Post
            Q2: If I place an order for the Western Flyer now, is payment taken immediately when the order is placed, or on shipment instead?
            Thanks in advance
            Hi!

            Your card will not be charged until the day your order ships
            http://www.tombihn.com
            1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
            Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

            Comment


              #7
              Thanks so much Maverick & Katy!

              I think I will definately go for the backpack straps, all I need to do now is choose the colour! - I like the crimson, but I also like the solar interior, decisions decisions.....

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Sylvester View Post
                Thanks so much Maverick & Katy!

                I think I will definately go for the backpack straps, all I need to do now is choose the colour! - I like the crimson, but I also like the solar interior, decisions decisions.....
                hi sylvester!

                i understand the color choice is a tough one. i like the crimson, but i also like the solar interior. might i recommend the steel/solar? crimson nicely complements steel, and you could carry crimson organizer pouches inside the western flyer.
                -m

                Comment


                  #9
                  I've got steel/solar and I think its a great combo, dark enough to hide dirt (not that its very easy to get dirty anyway - due to the ballistic nylon), and bright enough on the inside to easily find what you want. Also a change from everyone's black luggage (says he who recently received his ID bag in black! )

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X