Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,638   Posts: 189,065   Members: 6,624   Active Members: 294
JonasMorga
Forum Member
Welcome to our newest member, JonasMorga.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using a backpack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    BPritchard
    Forum Member

• BPritchard
    replied
    Synapse good choice

Mep,

Like you, I have an Ego and a large Cafe Bag. The EGO is my daily work bag.

I also have the discontinued Ruck's Sac. This is basically my camera bag.

On trips, I use the Ruck's Sac and the Large Cafe bag together. The large Cafe Bag allows me to access items I need quickly. The Ruck's sac carries items I may need later, like a jacket, gifts, etc. The camera may also be held in the Cafe Bag if I need quicker access.

I found that taking the Ruck's Sac off and on wasn't that hard once you get used to it.

Maverick's suggestions are my same experience with the Ruck's Sac. I can hold the RS in my lap and the Cafe Bag rests next to me.

Leave a comment:

• maverick
    Volunteer *********

• maverick
    replied
    hi mep!

i sometimes take the bus and i take my synapse with me. when the bus isn't too full, i can place the synapse next to me. when the bus is full, i place it in my lap.

traveling up to philadelphia, i carried the western flyer and synapse - first in the local subway and then in the amtrak train.

the subway was full at first, so i had both the synapse and western flyer at my feet. once it emptied out, i placed them on their own seat and set up to get a picture.

on the amtrak, i had the western flyer in the overhead bin and the synapse next to me. but i could certainly have placed it at my feet if the seat next to me was occupied.

on the new jersey transit train, i had the synapse in my lap and the western flyer on the overhead shelf.

whether you place a backpack on your lap, at your feet, or in some other storage area, commuting with a backpack is pretty easy. you don't want to keep it on while you're sitting, though - that will definitely not be comfortable.

Leave a comment:

• mep
    Forum Member

• mep
    started a topic Using a backpack?

Using a backpack?

How do those of you who commute use a backpack? I have always shied away from backpacks because of the awkwardness of putting it on and taking it off. This would seem to be true in the airport or train station or on the bus, because you can't sit down and lean back with your pack on. They would be great if you are hiking the city or countryside but when commuting I wonder. This is the reason that I have always used a shoulder style bag. I am currently using an Ego and Large Cafe bag.

I ask this question in all seriousness because I am continually drawn to ordering a Synapse. It looks really cool but...

So, tell me about your backpack experience and alleviate my qualms.
Working...
X