Every Day Carry

Leave a comment:

• conejo23
    replied
    What is 'EDC'?

Leave a comment:

• lonestar6
    replied
    Moose, I use the TS PC/BP for my clothes and it works great. I actually could travel in that for several days if I did not need shoes or office supplies. But alas, I travel for work so th PC/BP goes in the TS and becomes my EDC on the road. This has helped in breaking the 2 bag habit.

Leave a comment:

• snowbot
    replied
    My Tri-Star large packing cube fits great in my Osprey Porter 46 and leaves enough room at the end for a pair of shoes. I've also fit the Tri-Star large packing cube in my Smart Alec, but I didn't think it would be useful and ended up rolling my clothes, instead.

Leave a comment:

• mfeinstein
    replied
    I have managed to get a 17" MBP in a Brain Cell + Freudian Slip in one of the large compartments on the BB and a Large Packing Cube with a Small Packing Cube on top of it (both Aeronaut sizes) in the other large compartment. If I remember right I also had a Snake Charmer stuffed in the same compartment as the packing cubes.

Leave a comment:

• conejo23
    replied
    Originally posted by backpack View Post
    I use one Aeronaut Backpack Packing Cube, a Packing Cube Shoulder Bag and a Clear Quarter Packing Cube inside the Brain Bag when I travel by air.

The Backpack Packing Cube keeps, everything, even dress jackets neatly.

The Packing Cube Shoulder Bag is an accessories, electronics in Padded Pouches, or foundation garments holder.

The Clear Quarter Packing Cube is usually carried in a Large Cafe Bag or a Backpack Packing Cube used as a backpack with the Small Cafe Bag.
    But when I travel, it usually is inside the Brain Bag.

I usually use the Backpack Packing Cube for Aeronaut in the back compartment and the 2 others in the front compartment.

I believe that the Packing Cube for Tristar is too long for the Brain Bag but I could be mistaken.
    Sorry to quote and reply to a 2 year old thread, but this post really intrigued me. Backpack, if you're still on these forums, my question is did you use this packing cube configuration in your brain bag with a computer/brain cell in it, or removed?

I've got a couple of trips coming up in the next few months. I don't want to go crazy with the brain bag, but I'm thinking some packing cubes might help me best utilize some of the space without overly weighing it down. But I want to leave my computer/brain cell and freudian slip in the bag. Just trying to figure out what fits with that stuff still in.

Leave a comment:

• MtnMan
    replied
    Radio bug,

When you travel with your Brain Bag, is it stuffed full?

Leave a comment:

• Moose
    replied
    Originally posted by Radio bug View Post
    I typically fly on small regional jets when I travel and have never had a problem fitting my Brain Bag under the seat in front of me.
    Hi Radio bug,
    Thank you for the confirmation. Knowing this I can easily see myself using my Brain bag only for a 7 to 10 day trip. I've never traveled with just one bag. I always carry on only but with two bags. One bag travel has been a long time dream/goal of mine.
    Happy travels,
    Moose

Leave a comment:

• Radio bug
    replied
    I typically fly on small regional jets when I travel and have never had a problem fitting my Brain Bag under the seat in front of me.

Leave a comment:

• Moose
    replied
    Originally posted by MtnMan View Post
    Thanks to aiethabell, Backpack, Shiva and Moose for the detailed replies regarding TB backpacks. That's what I'm looking for!

Have either of you used your TB backpacks as a travel bag / suitcase? (Hauling clothes and other travel items on a road or air trip)
    Hi MtnMan,
    I've not traveled with my Brain bag yet. I've been using it as my every day bag. I can tell you I know I can get as much, if not more, in it than my Western Flyer. I have taken my Western Flyer and Synapse on a couple of week+/- trips.

The WF fit nicely under the seat in front of me on the small regional prop/jets. I think the Brain bag would fit under the seat in the smaller jets too. If someone could confirm that I'd sure appreciate it.

The front pockets of the Brain bag are large enough to hold a paperback that is 5X7X1, my compact Daytimer and a package of kleenex. I can make the Brain bag very heavy very fast.

Happy travels,
    Moose

Leave a comment:

• MtnMan
    replied
    Also thanks to ams123 and flitcraft for their non-TB bag insights.

Keep those comments coming!

Leave a comment:

• MtnMan
    replied
    Thanks to aiethabell, Backpack, Shiva and Moose for the detailed replies regarding TB backpacks. That's what I'm looking for!

Have either of you used your TB backpacks as a travel bag / suitcase? (Hauling clothes and other travel items on a road or air trip)
    Last edited by MtnMan; 09-05-2010, 11:32 AM. Reason: typo correction; added info

Leave a comment:

• Moose
    replied
    Originally posted by MtnMan View Post
    Does anyone know the inside dimensions of the main compartments of the Brain Bag and Smart Alec? Does anyone know which TB Packing Cubes will fit into either of these bags?

I'm trying to get a feel for which cubes would fit into either of these bags.
    Hi MtnMan,

I measured the interior of my Brain bag. The section closest to your back is 18" top to bottom, in the center, and 13" side to side. The front to back of the section is 4". The section of the pack furthest from your back is the same size.

My 15" EC folder fits easily in either section. I don't have an 18" EC folder but my guess is it would fit but it'd be a cozy fit. Only because the top of the bag is rounded and not squared off. I tried my large EC cube too. It fits quite easily into the back section. It seems to take up more space in the front section but still fits easily.

I've had my Brain bag about a month and love it. I keep telling myself its big for what I need but I manage to fill it up pretty easily.

Happy travels,
    Moose
    Last edited by Moose; 09-05-2010, 09:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Shiva
    replied
    Hi MtnMan:
    I have the Smart Alec. The large size Western Flyer packing cube fits perfectly; as does the Aeronaut backpack packing cube (although it is a bit shorter, once full it is fine). I have been able to pack the WF large packing cube + 2 small packing cubes + shoes (size 7.5) + miscellaneous items in there without a problem

s

Leave a comment:

Working...
X