Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,492   Posts: 187,433   Members: 6,453   Active Members: 336
Welcome to our newest member, parisbandarq.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Ristretto in Plum/wasabi a dodo now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moriond
    replied
    Hi flitcraft,
    Originally posted by flitcraft View Post
    Only thing is, I really, really wanted it in the plum-wasabi combo. Olive and cocoa are fine but a bit drab.
    It always pays to ask. Happy that you have a plum-wasabi Ristretto coming your way. My Ristretto is Plum/Wasabi (and I'll ignore the aspersions cast on the Cocoa/Olive color combination of my Ristretto for iPad).

moriond

Leave a comment:

• flitcraft
    replied
    Awesome--order is in!!

As usual, I will review once I've given the bag a decent test-drive.

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    Hi Flitcraft!

There are currently no plans for a return of the Plum/Wasabi option for the Ristretto. Though, it does look like there is one last Plum/Wasabi Ristretto in the showroom . If you would like it, feel free to place an order for any color option in the drop down and put into the comments field during checkout "Hi Casey! Please ship the Plum/Wasabi from the showroom ."

If you have any further questions please feel free to email me at [email protected] .

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    It's your lucky day. Casey checked and we have one Plum/Wasabi Ristretto left in our Seattle store. It's being held for you, flitcraft - place an order for any other color but in the comments box note that you want the Plum/Wasabi.

Leave a comment:

• flitcraft
    started a topic Is the Ristretto in Plum/wasabi a dodo now?

Is the Ristretto in Plum/wasabi a dodo now?

Or perhaps I should say, a passenger pigeon, to avoid the negative connotation regarding dodos. What I mean is, is it gone for good or merely gone for now? I didn't think I would have any use for a Ristretto--not a Mac person--so I didn't pay much attention to the Ristretto, but I just bought a Toshiba Portege R-705, which just happens to be exactly the size of the Mac's for which the Ristretto was designed.

So, here I am in the market for a Ristretto. I know, ridiculous, given all of the bags I already have--and the computer does fit into my Imago in a neoprene sleeve, but it's a tight fit and I find it annoying getting it in and out. It also fits in my Zephyr, but I mainly use that when I need a major briefcase, so that one sits in my closet most days. The Ristretto looks absolutely perfect--sleek, purpose-built, lightweight, and hip. Only thing is, I really, really wanted it in the plum-wasabi combo. Olive and cocoa are fine but a bit drab, I already have steel in my beloved medium cafe bag, and black is, well, black.

I know, I know, you snooze you lose on bag color combos. But before I pull the trigger on a second-best option, I thought I'd inquire about whether there was a possibility that the plum-wasabi combo would make a phoenix-like rise. Or, as I suggested, is it a dodo, consigned to the hall of extinct Tom Bihn bags...
Working...
X