Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cafe Bags - praises & uses

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    G42 Oh, fun! What colors are you going to pick?

    Comment


      #47
      Originally posted by b1gsky View Post
      G42 Oh, fun! What colors are you going to pick?
      You would ask the hard question! I have five more days to noodle this around,...

      As I mentioned, I had previously bought a Nebulous 525/Island 210 SCB (great colour combo, I have a L15 in that), but had gotten flummoxed by the aspect ratio & lack of zipper, so passed it along...

      Now I'm evaluating a Canary/Dawn that TB sent me to check out. For my purchases, I'm contemplating the Ursa/Dawn vs the Logic/Cloud for the MCB and Nebulous 630/Island vs Ursa/Dawn for the LCB... with the Olive Cordura a strong runner up for both...
      Ursa/Dawn just seems like a nice combo ... so that's affecting my evaluation.... but I'm still a bit hung up on the size/shape/structure of the Cafe Bags in the lighter weight fabrics vs the ballistics.
      I love love love halcyon and have settled on the 400d halcyon for my Copilot, Pilot, WF, primary S19 (the others are parapack), A30, and so far the Paragon vs Paragon GE. But I do appreciate the structure of the 525 ballistic for my Luminary and Monster Truck and my MF, A45 & RB36 are 1050 ballistic, so who knows.
      The 630 recycled fabrics to me seem more on the halcyon side of flexibility and have a different sheen, so I think they're very attractive.
      I love the variance in all colours and sheens but seem to eventually gravitate with most bags to optimize flexibility

      The LCB just seem too big to me but I figure I might as well get one to play with in person while they're around and then of course, I want a Maker's Bag to directly compare against it...and compare both to my halcyon Daylight Briefcases...

      Choice and nuance are dangerous things

      Basically, I want all the bags in all the colours but that's just nuts (shhhhh, don't tell anyone that I already have too many bags in too many colours lol)
      Last edited by G42; 05-01-2021, 08:52 PM.
      I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by G42 View Post
        Now I'm evaluating a Canary/Dawn that TB sent me to check out.
        I am going to need you to take a bunch of real world photos of that bag. I can’t make up my mind but that yellow looks so good from what I have seen. Cordura is the main thing keeping me from going that route and leaning me towards Ursa/Dawn. And I agree, I’d prefer a Halcyon option to either Canary or Ursa.
        Solaris ALL THE THINGS!

        Comment


          #49
          G42 I vote for at least one bag in Ursa/Dawn, of course. I actually prefer the structure of the 525d in the (bigger) Café bags. I love my OG Halcyon SCB, but I didn’t like the Halcyon as much in the MCB (don’t have that bag anymore). So I’m really happy I will get to order the LCB in Ballistic! For me the rigidity of the fabric is just right for the style of bag.

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by Selcouth View Post

            I am going to need you to take a bunch of real world photos of that bag. I can’t make up my mind but that yellow looks so good from what I have seen. Cordura is the main thing keeping me from going that route and leaning me towards Ursa/Dawn. And I agree, I’d prefer a Halcyon option to either Canary or Ursa.
            And here you go....

            Canary Cordura / Dawn ballistic Small Cafe Bag, courtesy of TB - my opinions are my own



            This is what I put inside to actually, you know, bring it to a Cafe for brunch outside earlier today...

            17oz Microlite water bottle, small hand sanitizer, tissue packet, eyeglass cloth, external battery pack, eyeglass case, Kindle Paperwhite in case

            Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210502_204321024.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	110.8 KB ID:	331690


            Nice day out today

            Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210502_204012525.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	67.9 KB ID:	331691


            Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210502_204048775.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	64.6 KB ID:	331692



            Preferred the Kindle in the front - just fits if you make sure to tuck it under

            Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210502_204135939.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	73.0 KB ID:	331693



            The water bottle easily stands upright and there's obviously room left in the bag. I put the eye cloth, tissues, and sanitizer in the larger open top pocket inside


            Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210502_204115356.MP~2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	92.2 KB ID:	331694


            I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

            Comment


              #51
              I don’t like Cordura and I don’t like Yellow, but this combination is kind of compelling...

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by G42 View Post

                And here you go....

                Canary Cordura / Dawn ballistic Small Cafe Bag, courtesy of TB - my opinions are my own



                This is what I put inside to actually, you know, bring it to a Cafe for brunch outside earlier today...

                17oz Microlite water bottle, small hand sanitizer, tissue packet, eyeglass cloth, external battery pack, eyeglass case, Kindle Paperwhite in case

                Click image for larger version Name:	PXL_20210502_204321024.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	110.8 KB ID:	331690

                Thank you so much for the pictures, G42! I have a MCB and this canary/dawn combo is calling my name - the LCB I never knew I needed until yesterday.... On one hand I want alllllll the canary things. And on the other I am asking myself, 'Is this too bright for a sizeable bag?' Mostly in terms of not necessarily wanting my handbag to be screaming HERE I AM on safety grounds. But it is beautiful, and I suspect I am powerless against its charms, even though I know it will be a bit of a bear to try to keep clean.
                So many bags. And I love them all.

                Comment


                  #53
                  The LCB comes with the Standard Strap, right? Is it possible to take that shoulder pad off the strap without destroying it? I think it’s the same shoulder pad the Icon had and I didn’t like that one. And I’m not sure I want to use the Absolute Strap with it.

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by b1gsky View Post
                    The LCB comes with the Standard Strap, right? Is it possible to take that shoulder pad off the strap without destroying it? I think it’s the same shoulder pad the Icon had and I didn’t like that one. And I’m not sure I want to use the Absolute Strap with it.
                    If you want something cushier than the Standard but not as large as the Absolute, many of us have purchased the OP/TECH USA Mini S.O.S. Strap from Amazon or wherever... it's a smaller version of the Absolute Strap. I use one on my Pilot and sometimes CoPilot, DLBC, etc
                    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Originally posted by b1gsky View Post
                      The LCB comes with the Standard Strap, right? Is it possible to take that shoulder pad off the strap without destroying it? I think it’s the same shoulder pad the Icon had and I didn’t like that one. And I’m not sure I want to use the Absolute Strap with it.
                      I have removed the shoulder pad from the Standard Shoulder Strap by sliding it down to the end and over the snap hook. It takes a bit of wiggling it back & forth to get it over the snap hook, but it is doable.

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by G42 View Post
                        If you want something cushier than the Standard but not as large as the Absolute, many of us have purchased the OP/TECH USA Mini S.O.S. Strap from Amazon or wherever... it's a smaller version of the Absolute Strap. I use one on my Pilot and sometimes CoPilot, DLBC, etc
                        I actually think I’ve tried it once, ordered via Amazon. I’m not sure if something was wrong with the strap or it wasn’t the strap you all have, but it was super short, definitely too short to carry my bag comfortably crossbody style (and I’m not tall).

                        Originally posted by Wanderlust77 View Post

                        I have removed the shoulder pad from the Standard Shoulder Strap by sliding it down to the end and over the snap hook. It takes a bit of wiggling it back & forth to get it over the snap hook, but it is doable.
                        Awesome, thanks! That’s good to know.

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Originally posted by b1gsky View Post
                          I actually think I’ve tried it once, ordered via Amazon. I’m not sure if something was wrong with the strap or it wasn’t the strap you all have, but it was super short, definitely too short to carry my bag comfortably crossbody style (and I’m not tall).
                          Clip end to clip end, at max length with only about 1" tail on each end, my mini strap is about 50" long, so it works for cross body for me with the bag at my hip. I'm 5' 4" with a shorter torso though.
                          I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

                          Comment


                            #58
                            G42 Thanks, just did a quick mock up and the one I had ordered was definitely shorter than 50"... Strange.

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Originally posted by b1gsky View Post
                              G42 Thanks, just did a quick mock up and the one I had ordered was definitely shorter than 50"... Strange.
                              I've ordered at least two for myself per my Amazon history and both were a couple years ago, so maybe they changed them...? worth checking their specs or asking...
                              I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

                              Comment


                                #60
                                G42 Thanks for sharing the Canary SCB photos. I decided my goal in an SCB is something less flashy and noticeable so I went with Ursa. If Cordura Yeomen happen later this year that might be a good chance for me to try out Canary.
                                Solaris ALL THE THINGS!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X