Steel/steel synapse 19 - 200d exterior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steel/steel synapse 19 - 200d exterior?

I know Synapse 19s were made in steel 200d/ solar 200d dyneema/halcyon at one stage, but was there ever a Synapse 19 in steel/steel with a 200d exterior?
    moriond do you remember?

Originally posted by gqb View Post
    I know Synapse 19s were made in steel 200d/ solar 200d dyneema/halcyon at one stage, but was there ever a Synapse 19 in steel/steel with a 200d exterior?
    moriond do you remember?
    I'm not moriond, and I am sure she will chime in on this, but if I recall correctly, the 200d dyneema Synapse 19s were made in Ultraviolet/Steel, Iberian/Steel, and Steel/Solar. I have both the UV and Steel S19s, but am always on the lookout for my unicorn, the Iberian one. I would love it if TB were to do limited editions S19s and 25s in 200d halcyon.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Comment

Originally posted by pammy View Post

I'm not moriond, and I am sure she will chime in on this, but if I recall correctly, the 200d dyneema Synapse 19s were made in Ultraviolet/Steel, Iberian/Steel, and Steel/Solar. I have both the UV and Steel S19s, but am always on the lookout for my unicorn, the Iberian one. I would love it if TB were to do limited editions S19s and 25s in 200d halcyon.
      Thank you

Comment

Was there ever a synapse 25 with 200d steel exterior? Or did it predate the introduction of the larger size?

Comment

moriond do you remember?
          The Steel 200d/Solar 200d Dyneema was an option that was offered when the Synapse first debuted in Fall 2009. And that’s the version for which most pictures on the forums were posted, starting with @notmensa’s pictures. But they did make the Synapse 19 in Steel Dyneema/Steel for a short while starting in July 2012 when Solar was retired to make way for Wasabi. At that time, they had started making the 200d Dyneema Synapse 19s when Ultraviolet was introduced in February 2011, and by April 2011 you could order UV/Steel, Steel/Solar and preorder Iberian/Steel for delivery in June. The UV option ran out at the beginning of February (there’s a very poignant post titled “Synapse Sadness” from WhiteStar about getting the news that it was sold out — fortunately, customer support were able to locate one very last bag in that color combination after that thread ended). Steel/Solar and Iberian/Steel continued to be sold for a few more months. It was clear that they foresaw the end of Solar, because by May they had started offering Steel Dyneema linings in the popular Indigo/Solar combination for the Synapse 19, although at that time Indigo/Solar continued to be available.

You also asked about Steel 200d Dyneema on the outside of the Synapse 25. Thatt was never an option, and there was also not much justification for doing that. In October 2012 they announced 400d Steel and 400d Nordic Dyneema, and said they would start shipping the Synapse 19 in those fabrics with Steel 200d linings in November. (I immediately ordered a 400d Nordic Dyneema Synapse, which remains a beloved bag). The original argument for the 200d Dyneema Synapses was that the lighter weight 200d Dyneema fabric was sufficient for most uses compared to Cordura. That was a lot less compelling for the larger Synapse 25 when it was finally introduced in April 2013 — especially when they were offering to make it in Steel 400d Dyneema that was nearly as light weight and a lot more durable. (And, having the experience of my beloved Original Nordic 400d Dyneema Synapse 19, I immediately ordered a Synapse 25 in Steel 400d Dyneema/Wasabi 200d Dyneema from the first production batch. Later batches would offer other color linings like Ultraviolet).

Hope this helps,

moriond
          Last edited by moriond; 04-12-2021, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Thanks so much 🤗

Comment

I thought I’d add to my earlier answer by linking to the early posts that showed pictures of these Synapse 19 sized backpacks in 200d Dyneema (now called Halcyon)
              Click image for larger version

Name:	EF448803-2C78-4AAF-80A3-42F21FBA50AE.jpeg
Views:	180
Size:	239.9 KB
ID:	331130 Click image for larger version

Name:	FA1897CD-6CA1-40E9-8B80-4C9E5C362CDB.jpeg
Views:	111
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	331131 Click image for larger version

Name:	39D0DD06-0015-4577-98BF-2996748181A4.jpeg
Views:	120
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	331132
              moriond do you remember?
              Originally posted by pammy View Post

Comment

Working...
              X