Canary next to Solaris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canary next to Solaris

Does anyone have items in Canary 1000 Cordura and Solaris Halcyon? Im curious how similar the colors are and would love to see some photos!

The Canary Small Cafe Bag is calling to me but I’m worried it’s on the brighter “baby chick” side of yellow.
    Solaris ALL THE THINGS!

Originally posted by Selcouth View Post
    Does anyone have items in Canary 1000 Cordura and Solaris Halcyon? Im curious how similar the colors are and would love to see some photos!

The Canary Small Cafe Bag is calling to me but I’m worried it’s on the brighter “baby chick” side of yellow.
    jessmakes posted a picture of a Canary swatch she requested against a Solar yarn sack over on Ravelry, I can ask if she’d post it here. Or maybe G42 can post a picture of her Canary swatch against Solaris, which is what you are asking about, since Solaris is more golden toned and a bit darker than the original Solar

Comment

I think Canary is looks closer to original Solar. Here is a comparison picture of Canary with my two Side Effects. Solaris is on the top and Solar is on the bottom. Solar is a more true yellow, which I prefer over Solaris.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Canary 1.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	279.9 KB
ID:	330879
      Here is Canary with just Solaris. Not great pictures, I know. But I hope you can sort of see the how Canary differs from Solaris. If you like bright, then you will love Canary.

Name:	Canary 2.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	298.1 KB
ID:	330880
      Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Comment

Montage of Happy Yellow Things

oLSB Solaris in the back, Solar all fabric 3DOC front right
        Moleskin yellow journal with a pad of yellow post-it notes on top, a Solar key strap and the Canary Corduara swatch

for random fun, those are a pair of yellow Czech glass earrings I made, antique Fostoria 2470 1/2 glass candlestick lying on it's side, antique Anchor Hocking Fire King Deco vase in yellow, Lemon Lift tea, and everything on a vintage Kyes Moire enamel tray

Name:	PXL_20210411_220726772.jpeg
Views:	223
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	330902

closeup of Solaris oLSB in the back, Solar fabric 3DOC to the right
        Moleskin journal, post-it notes, Solar keystrap and the Canary Corduara swatch

Name:	PXL_20210411_220752469.jpeg
Views:	195
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	330903
        I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by pammy View Post
          I think Canary is looks closer to original Solar. Here is a comparison picture of Canary with my two Side Effects. Solaris is on the top and Solar is on the bottom. Solar is a more true yellow, which I prefer over Solaris
          That’s a “me, too” response on preferring the lighter color of the original Solar. But a double thickness of Solar as seen in the 16” Solar Dyneema keystrap and the bottom of that all fabric 3D Organizer Cube (where the fabric is a double layer) in @G42’s picture more closely approaches Solaris. It’s still closer to a true yellow and more similar to Canary than Solaris, which has a slightly golden tint.

moriond

ETA: These are both great comparison pictures for Canary. A further comment is that the colors of bags and accessories shot under the lighting used for product page pictures always tend to look lighter in color than the products do in real life. This also applies to the Cafe Bag Brights colors on the Blog page.
          Last edited by moriond; 04-11-2021, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the photos, all. I'm intrigued enough that I might request a Canary swatch before the Cafe Bag preorder goes up.
            Solaris ALL THE THINGS!

Comment

Working...
            X