Cafe Bag Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cafe Bag Colors

Another post/question with the new pre-order coming up. I am interested in ordering a mcb/lcb to be my new work/edc bag, but I am torn between colors. I think I am struggling the most with trying to see how the three colors I am considering will look on the variety of colors I wear to work. Can anyone who has a Cafe bag or any bag in black, nebulous grey, aubergine, or Ursa post photos of them wearing their bag with different clothing color combinations? I'll take other colors too, those are just the colors I am considering.

(I did post this on the facebook group, but didn't get any responses which is why I am posting here too)
    3DOC,SK,SCB,A30, DLBP

Originally posted by MsMoonMoon View Post
    Another post/question with the new pre-order coming up. I am interested in ordering a mcb/lcb to be my new work/edc bag, but I am torn between colors. I think I am struggling the most with trying to see how the three colors I am considering will look on the variety of colors I wear to work. Can anyone who has a Cafe bag or any bag in black, nebulous grey, aubergine, or Ursa post photos of them wearing their bag with different clothing color combinations? I'll take other colors too, those are just the colors I am considering.

(I did post this on the facebook group, but didn't get any responses which is why I am posting here too)
    MsMoonMoon Hi,

I think some of the pictures that b1gsky posted in the recent Colour Choices - Ursa or Aubergine or Nebulous Grey? thread from 01-31-2021, started by jnetg16 are relevant to your question.
    https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...-nebulous-grey

She links back to one of her posts dated 09-29-2020 (#3072) in the Your Photos Are Needed thread (use my link here to correctly go to the post she makes)

I’ll try to put up the relevant pictures here, correctly uploaded as attachments.

The text for the earlier Cafe Bag photos was:
    Finally got my Ursa MCB today! And the color is so lovely... I only had an Ursa super mini GWOP until today and the color looks even better on a bigger bag. I’m almost decided to get the Ursa SG23 now. Here’s a picture of my new MCB together with my new coat (which has been the reason I needed another MCB in the first place, red and Aubergine would have been a no go for me). Plus my old and new MCB next to each other.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	C99A6BEE-FC4F-4FD6-B61E-D30224F3469F.png Views:	0 Size:	1.90 MB ID:	331449
    Click image for larger version  Name:	FAE1D55A-C112-4F71-92CB-FDB8F2357A34.png Views:	0 Size:	2.53 MB ID:	331450
    The picture she posted on 02-02-2021 in the Colour Choices - Ursa or Aubergine or Nebulous Grey? to make the point about
    Ursa is definitely brown, but it works well with cool colors. Depending on the light it changes from warm to cool. Aubergine is the same, it can look quite different depending on lighting. I love both colors, they're quite versatile. I tried Nebulous Grey once (in the L12) because I thought I would love it, but for me it didn't work as a neutral.
    is here
    Click image for larger version  Name:	04568222-60F2-4735-B66B-362F288ACC7F.png Views:	0 Size:	920.9 KB ID:	331451
    text was “Wearing the right sweater today to illustrate the point I made earlier, so I took a quick picture.”

Comment

moriond Thanks for rounding those pictures up!
      MsMoonMoon What colors are you usually wearing to work? If you are into color theory at all, I would describe my coloring as soft summer. I prefer colors that are not too bright, neither very cool nor very warm, with a fair bit of grey or black to them to soften them up. I do like black too though, though it’s not a good color next to my face. I personally think the black Café bag with the blackout label looks pretty cool, but I prefer to use a black bag only when I repeat some black in the rest of my outfit, so it’s not a good EDC color for me. Ursa works almost the same for me, but it’s softer and less harsh, I don’t feel it needs much color coordination. Aubergine works as a great neutral for me too, but not with reds (see my coat above) and I don’t like it with some purples. Nebulous Grey was my dream color in theory, but didn’t work well IRL. I think because it’s too cool, there isn’t any softness to it. It was fine with some outfits, especially when I was wearing different blues, but felt off with quite a bit of my wardrobe. I don’t know if you know Steel, that’s an old Grey that works much better for me because there’s quite a bit of green in the color. Btw, I’m planning on buying an Ursa/Dawn MCB and LCB in the preorder (replacing my Ursa/Cloud) and probably also an Aubergine LCB. With Ursa and Aubergine I personally couldn’t pick one over the other, but having both colors means I have a good fit for every possible outfit...

Comment

Here are some more pictures. Unfortunately I don’t have many with me carrying the bags, I’m usually the photographer...

Click image for larger version

Name:	943B2922-57CA-4AC3-BCF3-E2EBE924BD43.jpeg
Views:	188
Size:	353.2 KB
ID:	331504

Name:	DE63C57C-EE78-4B15-84FE-493D758A77B2.jpeg
Views:	171
Size:	3.50 MB
ID:	331505

Name:	9C829AF7-529D-4FA6-B55E-B00B03F1BCF5.jpeg
Views:	169
Size:	4.38 MB
ID:	331506

Comment

Name:	image_23274.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	331610 These are not colors you mentioned, but I took the picture for another thread, when I sold my Deep Blue525 /Coyote MCB and replaced it with a Constellation525/ Cloud MCB, so it's a side by side comparison of the two colors. In real life, the Deep Blue is darker than what you see in the picture. I don't think the Coyote interior is offered anymore. Good luck with the color decision.....nice problem to have!
          Last edited by Go Navy; 05-01-2021, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Go Navy View Post

Name:	image_23274.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	331610 These are not colors you mentioned, but I took the picture for another thread, when I sold my Deep Blue525 /Coyote MCB and replaced it with a Constellation525/ Cloud MCB, so it's a side by side comparison of the two colors. In real life, the Deep Blue is darker than what you see in the picture. I don't think the Coyote interior is offered anymore. Good luck with the color decision.....nice problem to have!
            I think that may have been Canyon interior...? (I thought Canyon was a great colour, sorry it didn't stick around long)
            I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post

I think that may have been Canyon interior...? (I thought Canyon was a great colour, sorry it didn't stick around long)
              You're right....thanks for pointing that out! It was a great color.

Comment

Working...
              X