Large ship bag into ???? Whale pouch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Large ship bag into ???? Whale pouch?

Looking to preorder a Truck for shopping trips, but was also thinking about a large shop bag for any overflow. To secure that shop bag in the unzippered front/back pockets of the truck, I figured I could stuff it into a whale pouch or something?
    Would a shop bag fold up and stuff into a small whale pouch? Anyone able to test this? Or the A5 size assuming an A5 fits into the front/back of a Truck?

Many thanks!

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Looking to preorder a Truck for shopping trips, but was also thinking about a large shop bag for any overflow. To secure that shop bag in the unzippered front/back pockets of the truck, I figured I could stuff it into a whale pouch or something?
    Would a shop bag fold up and stuff into a small whale pouch? Anyone able to test this? Or the A5 size assuming an A5 fits into the front/back of a Truck?

Many thanks!
    Welcome to the forums @[email protected]
    A feature that distinguishes the Shop Bags from other, more collapsible and lightweight reusable shopping bags are the porion padded handles, which allow you to carry extremely heavy weights in the Shop Bags either clutched in your hand, over an arm or elbow, or over the shoulder without discomfort. But because off those padded poron handles, as well as the extra durability of the Halcyon, you are not going to be able to stuff a Large Shop Bag into anything as flat as a Small Ghost Whale Organizer Pouch. It’s possible to roll up a Small Shop Bag into a Small Q-Kit, but I wouldn’t bother with that. I would simply fold or otherwise flat pack the Large Shop Bag so that it fits into the front or back pocket of the Truck.

If you want to put it into a Ghost Whale Organizer Pouch. It will fit into the A5 size, but you could also just flat fold it and stick it into the front or back pocket of the Truck without putting it into the A5 GWOP.

I’ll just add that when the Zip-Top-Large Shop Bag came out, I took one of these with me on a combined work and personal trip to China and Europe, and just folded the Large Shop Bag in Northwest Sky Halcyon into the pocket of my rain jacket (for reference I’m under 5’4” and wear Women’s Petite Small or Medium clothing)

The pictures of this are up in the Zip top shop bag question.thread from 09-20-2018 started byKelly S
    https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...p-bag-question
    scroll down to my post #7 (dated 10-16-2018) to see the pictures, including the folded Large ZIp Top Shop Bag in Northwest Sky Halcyon lying on top of one pocket, with a Kindle Paperwhite lying on top of the other pocket. (For background information, there was no special folding, and a typhoon had passed by in China while I ended up having to do grocery shopping in Vienna (where there was also light rain), and I could keep the Shop Bag in my jacket pocket and walk into museums without having to check anything, the. Pick up groceries before I got back at the end of the day.

I’ll add some quick shots from my iPad, but you don’t need a Pouch to Stash the Shop Bag in the Truck pocket
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0465.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.45 MB ID:	331463
    This is the Island Truck, Iberian Large Zip Top Shop Bag, and A5 Ghost Whale Organizer Pouch (all of these are new bags, so somewhat less foldable) You could easily place the folded Large Shop Bag into the front or rear pocket of the Truck without putting it into a Ghost Whale Organizer Pouch
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0464.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.40 MB ID:	331464
    Here's the open A5 GWOP with the folded Large Zip-Top Shop Bag. It's going to be slightly thicker because of having to fold down the top of the bag to fit the height of the GWOP than if you just put the folded Shop Bag directly into the front pocket, but it works either way.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0463.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.34 MB ID:	331465
    Here's the A5 GWOP holding the Large Shop Bag zipped up
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_23237.jpg Views:	3 Size:	1.61 MB ID:	331466
    The zipper up A5 GWOP holding a folded Large Zip-Top Shop Bag in the front pocket of the Truck
    Last edited by moriond; 04-27-2021, 09:00 PM. Reason: Added photos of the Large Shop Bag folded into the A5 GWOP and in the pocket of the Truck

Comment

Thank you! Above and beyond in answering. I was worried about it falling out but I see from your pics that it will fold and fit nicely.

Comment

Not sure it matters but FYI some folks fold the shop bag into one of its own pockets to keep it compact.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34bCKoCmBpU

Comment

Originally posted by Riverdaughter View Post
            Not sure it matters but FYI some folks fold the shop bag into one of its own pockets to keep it compact.
            Shop Bags always matter

I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Working...
            X