Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A45s in 1050 Colors?

Hi Darcy (or moriond or others! )

I noticed that A45s in 1050 Coyote & Burnt Orange are newly listed as in production ... does this mean TB will continue to produce the big travel bags in 1050 colors and there's hope for a Verde 1050 A45?? I would definitely buy that now now now or wait for it if it's in the plans ... Coyote is great too though!

Or, are these two A45 colors runout, and then no more A45s in 1050 colors? I can only hope a Verde is coming ...

Thanks!

Seeking Verde Aeronauts and Ursa or Coyote Synik 30 GE

It would be great if A45 was also coming, even if one last run, in Aubergine 1050.

The A45 was the first TB bag that I purchased, and I chose it in Black 1050, which is great and practical. Only with later purchases did I discover how great Aubergine colour was for other TB bags, with some colour character and still suitable for both casual and business use.

I'm not one to normally buy duplicate bags, but the A45 is such a well used bag that I would almost certainly buy another in Aubergine 1050 if it became available (perhaps to then donate the still great condition Black A45 to the next generation of potential TB users).

Comment

GrussGott and others,
      Very recently I’ve been using the chat feature on the web site to ask questions, and I’ve been pleasantly surprised (and shocked in a good way) to see web site modifications and stocking information show up the next day. As it happens, I was chatting with customer support at the end of their work day yesterday about restocks of all the travel bags in 1050d Ballistic Nylon, but I’m sure they were prepared to do this anyway)
      Originally posted by GrussGott View Post
      Hi Darcy (or moriond or others! )

I noticed that A45s in 1050 Coyote & Burnt Orange are newly listed as in production ... does this mean TB will continue to produce the big travel bags in 1050 colors and there's hope for a Verde 1050 A45?? I would definitely buy that now now now or wait for it if it's in the plans ... Coyote is great too though!

Or, are these two A45 colors runout, and then no more A45s in 1050 colors? I can only hope a Verde is coming ...

Thanks!
      @BigBadD,

I have to point you to the myriad posts by Seikoguy with pictures of his bags in Aubergine. His first post in 2012 showed pictures of his Aeronaut 45 and TriStar in Aubergine. I’ll excerpt the closeup picture of the labels that he posted (#788 in the TB Anticipation Syndrome thread
      https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...5016#post75016

Click image for larger version

Name:	0F1897F6-2040-4FBB-8150-0490326B1027.jpeg
Views:	235
Size:	586.2 KB
ID:	332231 Other threads to check
      • The Aubergine twins commence their trip
      https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...nce-their-trip

• Co-Pilot hits 3 nations in a day (Part 1 of 2)
      https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...ay-part-1-of-2

Originally posted by BigBadD View Post
      It would be great if A45 was also coming, even if one last run, in Aubergine 1050.

The A45 was the first TB bag that I purchased, and I chose it in Black 1050, which is great and practical. Only with later purchases did I discover how great Aubergine colour was for other TB bags, with some colour character and still suitable for both casual and business use.

I'm not one to normally buy duplicate bags, but the A45 is such a well used bag that I would almost certainly buy another in Aubergine 1050 if it became available (perhaps to then donate the still great condition Black A45 to the next generation of potential TB users).

Comment

Fingers crossed that the Aeronauts will be made in 1050 ballistic with edgeless straps. I purchased and test packed a Coyote 1050/NWS Aeronaut 30 and loved everything about it but the straps. Returned it because the bound straps were too uncomfortable. An A30 in Coyote1050/NWS with edgeless straps would be a unicorn bag for me.
        Last edited by Shortie; 05-14-2021, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
          [USER="20087"]

@BigBadD,

I have to point you to the myriad posts by Seikoguy with pictures of his bags in Aubergine. His first post in 2012 showed pictures of his Aeronaut 45 and TriStar in Aubergine. I’ll excerpt the closeup picture of the labels that he posted (#788 in the TB Anticipation Syndrome thread
          https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...5016#post75016
          Thanks moriond. As always, you are a great source of information!

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
            GrussGott and others,
            Very recently I’ve been using the chat feature on the web site to ask questions, and I’ve been pleasantly surprised (and shocked in a good way) to see web site modifications and stocking information show up the next day.
            Hey moriond, dumb question, but where is the live chat link? I've looked all over (contact us, etc) and all I see is the emailus link ... is it offline and/or only appears when available?

Comment

Originally posted by GrussGott View Post

Hey moriond, dumb question, but where is the live chat link? I've looked all over (contact us, etc) and all I see is the emailus link ... is it offline and/or only appears when available?
              You have to visit the products pages sometime during their regularly staffed hours to see the chat option — otherwise it will come up as an email option. I found a screen capture that I made where you can see this
              Click image for larger version

Name:	0E523E92-C6EB-490A-98E2-139E9A7409CC.png
Views:	128
Size:	4.59 MB
ID:	332329
              At the bottom left of the screen is the yellow Chat with us icon. You can click on it to start a chat session from either your mobile device or the web browser on your computer. At the present time you’ll see an e-mail us label on the icon, because they’re only there until 2:00 pm Pacific Time

HTH

moriond

BTW, I seem to be more successful at getting immediate response through chat than I do through email, I reported that the product page image for the Verde /Northwest Sky WF combo isn’t showing the expected second image with the exposed Northwest Sky pocket (where this is correct for Verde/Ultraviolet), but I did it through email, and got an acknowledgment, but not a fix. Whereas a casual mention of Icon colors during chat resulted in a an immediately update of new colors in production a week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Shortie View Post
                Fingers crossed that the Aeronauts will be made in 1050 ballistic with edgeless straps. I purchased and test packed a Coyote 1050/NWS Aeronaut 30 and loved everything about it but the straps. Returned it because the bound straps were too uncomfortable. An A30 in Coyote1050/NWS with edgeless straps would be a unicorn bag for me.
                Yup, there are starting to be calls here and there between the forums and the TB BST FB group where some folks are asking for an edgeless strap update to the Aeronaut family. Including myself! Lots of other TB backpacks have edgeless now, it feels like there is potential for it to make its way to the Aeronauts. Sort of like the small screen bezel in the Apple products finally made its way to the new iMacs. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Lartymarf View Post
                  folks are asking for an edgeless strap update to the Aeronaut family.
                  Having had some real quality time with my S25GE full up with heavy stuff I'm going to go on the side of ... if I had to choose I prefer the older strap design.

The new straps kind of dig into my shoulders where the chest strap sewing is and it creates a hinged pinch point given the beefier padding - it's not a deal killer, but overall I find them less comfortable. Aesthetically I like them better, but functionally, for me, the old style is more comfortable.

What would be appreciated is if they widened the width between the straps where they attach to the bag - as is, it's pretty narrow so you can't wear the bag up higher, but as you wear lower you lose the padding and stability, not to mention the bag's now hanging low.

Just my 2 cents and I'm sure there's no perfect design that works for everyone!

Comment

Working...
                  X