Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is S25 with a frame better than without it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is S25 with a frame better than without it?

So I own S25 about 1-1,5 years now and all this time try to figure out how to use it in the best way, because it was really uncomfortable when it full.
    I ordered this bag with a frame sheet and tried to set it right for my back all this time.

In the end I pulled out frame sheet and….it start to be really nice for me. Before I was sure that any bag is better with a frame, but as I see now I was wrong.

I just wondering if I the only one with story like this?

Now S25 my EDC bag and I hope to try it soon as travel bag as well.

Originally posted by c2rr9on View Post
    So I own S25 about 1-1,5 years now and all this time try to figure out how to use it in the best way, because it was really uncomfortable when it full.
    I ordered this bag with a frame sheet and tried to set it right for my back all this time.

In the end I pulled out frame sheet and….it start to be really nice for me. Before I was sure that any bag is better with a frame, but as I see now I was wrong.

Now S25 my EDC bag and I hope to try it soon as travel bag as well.
    The Synapse packs both started - and existed for many many years - without frame sheets, so you're in good company. I'm glad you found what works for you.

I find the S19 more comfortable than the S25 for my torso length... I often use a frame sheet, especially when underpacked - I like the rigidity against my back. But I have 3 S19s and only 2 frame sheets, so I still wear them both ways.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post

The Synapse packs both started - and existed for many many years - without frame sheets, so you're in good company. I'm glad you found what works for you.

I find the S19 more comfortable than the S25 for my torso length... I often use a frame sheet, especially when underpacked - I like the rigidity against my back. But I have 3 S19s and only 2 frame sheets, so I still wear them both ways.
      I forgot to write this info, I’m 6’3” and 250 lbs and really like S19(19L is enough for me), but size and straps are not for me…

Comment

Originally posted by c2rr9on View Post

I'm 6'2, 195 and have used a lot of bags, including various S25s over the last 5 years and here's my 2 cents on frames:

(1.) Walking/hiking + a beefy hip belt: the frame transfers the bag's weight onto your hips; valuable for long distances and/or help with super heavy loads

(2.) Biking with heavy/uneven loads: frame helps to spread the load evenly across your back in the lean-forward position

(3.) Standing for long periods with a 25lb+ load: frame helps coach my posture in standing up straight and bending at the hips

In the case of the S25, it's not long enough for my torso to use a hip belt to transfer the weight, so the frame becomes useful in use-case #2 & #3 ... Thus I generally use it for travel, but not for EDC. Many people find having a coat or clothes at the back of the bag will snuggle the bag into the natural curve of your spine and therefore be much more comfy, me included!

Overall, I'm super glad TB added the frames to their bags: it's HUGE improvement in functionality & comfort!
        Seeking Verde Aeronauts and Ursa or Coyote Synik 30 GE

Comment

Working...
        X