Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheelchair + Stroller Straps, can they be used in more bags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheelchair + Stroller Straps, can they be used in more bags?

https://www.tombihn.com/products/chair-straps

There is a list in there that says what bags they will work on. By how they seem to work it looks like they might work on bags like the Western Flyer too, can anyone help out and test that (or support folks chime in).

Thanks.

Originally posted by BihnBag View Post
    https://www.tombihn.com/products/chair-straps

There is a list in there that says what bags they will work on. By how they seem to work it looks like they might work on bags like the Western Flyer too, can anyone help out and test that (or support folks chime in).

Thanks.
    BihnBag Hi There,
    I’ m hoping more people will chime in, but I think the listing of bags may also be chosen so that their size and depths suspend easily from strollers, walkers, and wheelchairs (either around the sides or from a straight bar). So while this may work with the Western Flyer, you may need to provide more information about how and where you will suspend the bag, and decide whether there is enough room to accommodate the depth of a packed Western Flyer. (Just as a comment, most of the other bag listed have the attachment points at the sides of the bag; for the Western Flyer they’re along the top on either side of the top handle). I’d also be curious to learn whether the redesign of the Daylight Briefcase shoulder attachment points to an offset design made this less easy to use with the wheelchair and stroller straps (see the 25 June 2018 blog post Updates to Snaphook Attachment Point Placement)
    https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/u...oint-placement

I’m also sure that the list should be updated to include the new Le Grand Derrière.

You might also want to review the thread Walker/ wheelchair bag?
    https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...wheelchair-bag

HTH to start the discussion

moriond

Last edited by moriond; 05-22-2021, 09:23 AM.

Comment

I’m thinking that the Wheelchair/Stroller Strap page may need to be updated for which bags they fit. My Daylight Briefcase has the new attachment points, but those attachments are 1” d-rings so the Wheelchair/Stroller Straps won’t work.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlust77 View Post
        I’m thinking that the Wheelchair/Stroller Strap page may need to be updated for which bags they fit. My Daylight Briefcase has the new attachment points, but those attachments are 1” d-rings so the Wheelchair/Stroller Straps won’t work.
        Wow! I didn’t think that would be true, but checking the picture on the current Daylight Briefcase product page shows that @Wanderlust77’s statement must be correct: the webbing at the base of those shoulder strap attachment D-rings is the same width as the webbing handles, so that’s 1” wide (25.4mm). I should explain that although I have way too many Daylight Briefcases (DLBCs), including one in 525d (Cloud) Ballistic Nylon, they all date from before that June 2018 design change.

But I have to say that if that’s a 1” D-ring on the redesigned DLBC I could easily hack the suspension using 1” lash straps either with or without buckles. (The lash straps for the Guide’s Edition bags would work, or the lash straps for various duffel bags, or the rolling luggage lash strap).

I should add that older versions of the Large Cafe Bag and Parental Unit, and bags like the Imago (any version beyond the earliest version that sewed one side of the shoulder strap to the bag, similar to the small and medium Cafe bag design) are actually even easier to use with the Wheelchair/Stroller Straps, because the webbing ends of the Stroller Straps fit into a toothed slide instead of the tighter slot opening at the base of a 1.5” D-ring.

moriond

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post

Wow! I didn’t think that would be true, but checking the picture on the current Daylight Briefcase product page shows that @Wanderlust77’s statement must be correct: the webbing at the base of those shoulder strap attachment D-rings is the same width as the webbing handles, so that’s 1” wide (25.4mm). I should explain that although I have way too many Daylight Briefcases (DLBCs), including one in 525d (Cloud) Ballistic Nylon, they all date from before that June 2018 design change.

But I have to say that if that’s a 1” D-ring on the redesigned DLBC I could easily hack the suspension using 1” lash straps either with or without buckles. (The lash straps for the Guide’s Edition bags would work, or the lash straps for various duffel bags, or the rolling luggage lash strap).

I should add that older versions of the Large Cafe Bag and Parental Unit, and bags like the Imago (any version beyond the earliest version that sewed one side of the shoulder strap to the bag, similar to the small and medium Cafe bag design) are actually even easier to use with the Wheelchair/Stroller Straps, because the webbing ends of the Stroller Straps fit into a toothed slide instead of the tighter slot opening at the base of a 1.5” D-ring.

moriond
          Great hack ideas! Got me thinking that, depending on weight, the Large Swivel Double Carabiners may also work with the DLBC, allowing it to hang evenly with those offset attachment points. (It’s been many years since I’ve pushed a stroller, though, so I don’t know if the carabiners would fit stroller handles.)

Comment

Though I don’t think the double carabiners would fit over the stroller handles, they would attach to a generic stroller strap clip. They come in various styles but it’s essentially a Velcro strap with a hook, ring, clip, or carabiner on it that allows you to clip things to your stroller.

Here is one:
            https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1022...-strap-clip-or

You could also make your own with some Velcro strips and a couple of D-rings, then clip your Double Swivel Carabiner to that!

Originally posted by Wanderlust77 View Post

Great hack ideas! Got me thinking that, depending on weight, the Large Swivel Double Carabiners may also work with the DLBC, allowing it to hang evenly with those offset attachment points. (It’s been many years since I’ve pushed a stroller, though, so I don’t know if the carabiners would fit stroller handles.)

Comment

Working...
            X