Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,741   Posts: 190,276   Members: 6,602   Active Members: 265
Welcome to our newest member, Cycw95.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How useful do you find the Medium sized Yeoman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G42 View Post

I'm probably getting another mini tomorrow, in one of the Corduras
    Do you know which color or are you still undecided? Colorwise my favourite would be Red Blend...

Comment

Originally posted by b1gsky View Post

Do you know which color or are you still undecided? Colorwise my favourite would be Red Blend...
      I ended up pre-ordering a SZTSB in Red Blend and Canary, so I'm leaning towards Beaver Camo...
      I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by KAB View Post

At 44L just that bit too big....I found the RB36 better for me when needing a bag of that sort of size.
        Thanks. I always hoped they would bring back the RB. I like having the pockets on the end for some basic organization, especially when traveling.

Comment

Originally posted by WineCountry View Post

Thanks. I always hoped they would bring back the RB. I like having the pockets on the end for some basic organization, especially when traveling.
          They said they might bring back the RB next year for a preorder. I really hope so, it’s a great bag! I never understood why it was retired so quickly. It’s the perfect duffel for travel, if you don’t need or want backpack straps.

Comment

Originally posted by b1gsky View Post

They said they might bring back the RB next year for a preorder. I really hope so, it’s a great bag! I never understood why it was retired so quickly. It’s the perfect duffel for travel, if you don’t need or want backpack straps.
            I love my RB36 (Medium YD just too big for me) and the simple Small & Mini YDs but I would really be very happy to see a rerun of the NFTD. Better still a NFTD in a slightly bigger size, perhaps an inch or two bigger in the central main compartment. Without the foam base insert would be fine, I think that was one of the problems for continuing production.

Comment

Originally posted by KAB View Post

I love my RB36 (Medium YD just too big for me) and the simple Small & Mini YDs but I would really be very happy to see a rerun of the NFTD. Better still a NFTD in a slightly bigger size, perhaps an inch or two bigger in the central main compartment. Without the foam base insert would be fine, I think that was one of the problems for continuing production.
              I think I read somewhere (maybe on Facebook) that they might be working on redesigning the NFTD for a possible return next year? Can you confirm Darcy ?

Comment

Well, this entire discussion ended up being moot for me anyway! I had quickly put the mini Navy, small Coyote, and medium Black YD in my cart and started checking out. mini Navy out of stock... Tried to shuffle quickly to mini Coyote, small Navy... medium Black sold out. Finished order without a medium, planning to do a separate order for that size... no black, no navy, no aubergine. Those were the 3 colors I was considering for medium, so I will be left without a medium for now. Hopefully there will be a pre-order at some point this year!

EDIT TO ADD: Those 3 colors of medium, and I believe Verde as well, sold out in ~7 minutes or less, if my clock was right. Very impressive demand for this once-retired design! Glad to see that the product page does now note:
                Yeoman Duffels sold out more quickly than anticipated: because of that, we plan to offer a Yeoman pre-order sometime this year or early next, depending on where we can squeeze them into our production schedule!
                EDIT2: This wasn't meant as a whine or complaint. Sorry if it comes off that way. It is just disappointment and annoyance at myself for not clicking faster and not messing with swapping colors on the mini and small. I knew better!
                Last edited by autolycus; 06-23-2021, 07:19 AM.

Comment

autolycus It definitely was a battle! The Minis went the quickest. I went for a Mini in Black and got one, checked out maybe two minutes past. Went back and they were already sold out. I then waffled over the Small and Medium, when I realised the colors I wanted had already sold out. Maybe for the best.

Comment

I hope our purchases continue to signal to TB that there's a persistent desire for some of the smaller bags (L12, miniYD, NFTD, PUT) even if the bulk of the customers want the larger sizes...so that they'll come into production rotation occasionally
                    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post
                      I hope our purchases continue to signal to TB that there's a persistent desire for some of the smaller bags (L12, miniYD, NFTD, PUT) even if the bulk of the customers want the larger sizes...so that they'll come into production rotation occasionally
                      I remember noting this old comment (part of a longer posted reply)
                      Originally posted by itsablur View Post
                      It's interesting how many of the really dedicated forum Bihnions are women (petit ones at that!)…
                      I think that the Mini and Small Yeoman Duffels are a size that you don’t really find in other product lines. Plus they’re so cute This is from a post by mattholluk in 04-13-2017. Text was
                      Perfect first outing for my kids Mini Yeomans.
                      Aubergine and Verde plus complimentary pink unicorn and crocodile!
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	923BE106-DEF2-40A1-92BA-4860D3576B44.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	107.2 KB ID:	333438

Comment

OK, reviving this thread from the last Yeoman wave. I was able to get a small and a mini in colors I liked, so we have 2 smalls (navy and steel) and 2 minis (aubergine and coyote) in the household. I'm going to get at least one more Yeoman with the next preorder. The question will be: medium, large, or both. I'm leaning toward a medium for general travel use--winter clothes need more space, ya know? But... I will probably get the most use out of one that's sized well for carrying two full-size pillows for car travel. So... can the medium fit two "standard" or "queen" size memory foam pillows (they can't squish much)? Or am I better off with a large for that? We won't probably ever need to fit king size pillows in it.

Comment

autolycus I don't have the medium, but the large is huge. Right this moment I have stored a spare pillow and warm duvet in mine. There would still be room to stuff a second pillow inside. So I'm not sure if your pillows are going to fit in the medium size, but I can say that there will be lots of empty space left if you get the large.

Comment

autolycus
                            I have several of the Large and mostly use them to store pillows, blankets, etc. (I've had some of the traditional 'linens' storage bags of canvas and/or plastic, but they don't hold up to my frequent relocation moves).

The Medium I've used for car camping - holds a lot of misc gear.

The Large may be too big for only a couple pillows, but the extra space/fabric compressed very easily and the space will be there if you need it or if wrestling the pillows into/out of a bag is annoying.

I am, of course, going to suggest you get one of each

Comment

Thanks to both of you for the responses! I'm leaning toward just getting both sizes.... Darn you, you meddling enablers! ::fist shaking while the mask is pulled off my head::

Looking at the Yeoman specs, a standard pillow shouldn't theoretically fit in either without "stretching" at last one direction. The large is listed as 25" wide as its longest dimension. A standard US pillow is 26" long. The medium Yeoman is listed as 22.8" wide. So... uncertain how pillows will fit in the medium. As y'all say, they should easily fit in the large, in actual practice. So... both, if I can get the right colors.

Comment

Originally posted by autolycus View Post
                                Thanks to both of you for the responses! I'm leaning toward just getting both sizes.... Darn you, you meddling enablers! ::fist shaking while the mask is pulled off my head::

Looking at the Yeoman specs, a standard pillow shouldn't theoretically fit in either without "stretching" at last one direction. The large is listed as 25" wide as its longest dimension. A standard US pillow is 26" long. The medium Yeoman is listed as 22.8" wide. So... uncertain how pillows will fit in the medium. As y'all say, they should easily fit in the large, in actual practice. So... both, if I can get the right colors.
                                autolycus. For my quick test (Queen size, not memory foam), the Large Yeoman Duffel is a better fit, but a Large YD is huge (as b1gsky says). The reason this works despite the stated dimension is that when you look at the bag from the side you see that the bottom is an arc. When you put the bag down on the ground it flattens. Go to my post in New sizes to the Yeoman SOOO cute where I show how a 13” MacBook Pro (and probably 14” laptops that use the 6Z cache) fit into the Mini YD.

HTH

moriond

Comment

Working...
                                X