Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,576   Posts: 188,292   Members: 6,534   Active Members: 280
Welcome to our newest member, Skysarwer.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water bottle in a Cadet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water bottle in a Cadet

Is a 21oz Hydroflask capable of being carried in a Cadet?

Originally posted by MTeric22 View Post
    Is a 21oz Hydroflask capable of being carried in a Cadet?
    In my Cadet, I use a 16oz Carter Everywhere Mug, which is wider than the 21oz Hydroflask (at least, based on the dimensions I find on their website). My mug fits easily, so the narrower Hydroflask should be a super easy fit. Of course, it depends on what other stuff you pack in it. If you pack a large enough laptop, it may take up too much depth to allow the Hydroflask to fit.

For what it's worth, I love my Cadet. I highly recommend it.

Comment

I have been off the forums for, well, years. Not even lurking. But I'm back and I'm looking for a briefcase-type-item (BTI?) to help me schlep my 15" MacBook Pro Retina something or other that I was given at work back in 2016 or 2017 back and forth from home to work. I'd love to hear more about how people manage their water bottles in the Cadet! I would also love to find a Cadet in colors other than black, gray, and navy... even a neutral Coyote would be better. So, anyone else want to share their Cadet packing list plus pics? Darcy, any thoughts about laptop bags in the future, or even just restocks of colors on the Cadet? Thank you guys. I feel like I've been away ages. I missed the forums and my forum friends a lot!

Sending love and healthy vibes to you all.

Comment

Welcome back doesntmakememadonna !
        I'm mostly a backpack person for laptops, so I'm no help
        I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by doesntmakememadonna View Post
          I have been off the forums for, well, years. Not even lurking. But I'm back and I'm looking for a briefcase-type-item (BTI?) to help me schlep my 15" MacBook Pro Retina something or other that I was given at work back in 2016 or 2017 back and forth from home to work. I'd love to hear more about how people manage their water bottles in the Cadet! I would also love to find a Cadet in colors other than black, gray, and navy... even a neutral Coyote would be better. So, anyone else want to share their Cadet packing list plus pics? Darcy, any thoughts about laptop bags in the future, or even just restocks of colors on the Cadet? Thank you guys. I feel like I've been away ages. I missed the forums and my forum friends a lot!

Sending love and healthy vibes to you all.
          Briefcase is one area TB is lacking IMHO. I had Cadet but sold it because its form factor didn't work for me. It was unnecessarily tall (for me) but narrow (depth) to carry a laptop and water bottle. Because of its tall height, the bag looked large but actually was not (for my use).

Comment

Originally posted by gadgets View Post

Briefcase is one area TB is lacking IMHO. I had Cadet but sold it because its form factor didn't work for me. It was unnecessarily tall (for me) but narrow (depth) to carry a laptop and water bottle. Because of its tall height, the bag looked large but actually was not (for my use).
            Were you able to put a water bottle with other items in the main compartment?

Comment

Originally posted by MTeric22 View Post

Were you able to put a water bottle with other items in the main compartment?
              Sorry for late late reply. It's been a while (I don't have it now) so I don't really remember. I don't think I carried a water bottle at that time. A reasonable-size water bottle should fit, but it depends on what else you carry. If you carry a large laptop or large book and many other stuffs, it will be a challenge. The water bottle will eat up full one corner. Cadet is supposed to be kept in a thin profile; If it bulges out, it doesn't look too good, but it's just me.

Have you bought a Cadet? I'd love to see how it works for you.
              Last edited by gadgets; 09-22-2021, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gadgets View Post

Sorry for late late reply. It's been a while (I don't have it now) so I don't really remember. I don't think I carried a water bottle at that time. A reasonable-size water bottle should fit, but it depends on what else you carry. If you carry a large laptop or large book and many other stuffs, it will be a challenge. The water bottle will eat up full one corner. Cadet is supposed to be kept in a thin profile; If it bulges out, it doesn't look too good, but it's just me.

Have you bought a Cadet? I'd love to see how it works for you.
                I haven’t purchased one yet. I am patiently waiting for new color combinations.

The water bottle would be a 21 ounce Hydro Flask. I don’t carry around a laptop but I will occasionally carry around my iPad Air with a Sidekick and a HLT 2.

Thank you for the response.

Comment

Working...
                X