Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,492   Posts: 187,433   Members: 6,453   Active Members: 336
Welcome to our newest member, parisbandarq.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Synik 30 - What bottle and pouch fits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Synik 30 - What bottle and pouch fits?

I have a Synik 30 and I want to use a Peak Design Tech pouch in the big outer bottom pocket where the TB logo is stitched. (It's 6" x 9.5" x 4") Anyone know if that will fit?

I also want to get a Yeti Rambler bottle in the maximum size that will fit. If anyone has one and knows what fits, I'd love to know.

Thanks!

I can fit a standard 32oz Nalgene in the water bottle pocket, barely. If I have a lot of other stuff in the main compartment, though, it gets a little tight in there.
    I don’t have the PD Tech pouch, but that front bottom (“chin”) pocket is surprisingly huge. I’m pretty sure it’ll fit. I can fit a Fuji camera and two lenses in there.

Comment

Originally posted by bootsmctoots View Post
      I have a Synik 30 and I want to use a Peak Design Tech pouch in the big outer bottom pocket where the TB logo is stitched. (It's 6" x 9.5" x 4") Anyone know if that will fit?

I have a S30 & PD Tech Pouch. Short answer, yes it will fit. But I personally don't use the PD tech pouch for couple reasons:

1. My black PD pouch has no top grab handle, making it frustrating to take out. The newer colors do have a handle.
      2. While the pouch fits, it bulges out a bit too much for my liking. It's not a smooth "in & out" experience. Because it bulges out, I worry a bit too much about the stress of the zipper, though this worry is probably unwarranted given the high strength & quality of the zipper.

As a result, I instead use the Large or Small Snake Charmer in that bottom chin pocket. PD tech pouch works better with my Evergoods CHZ26.

Edit: In the photo, the PD tech pouch is actually empty which is why the chin pocket may look like it's not bulging. A fully loaded tech pouch will make the pocket look bulkier than shown in the photo.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by dmoneysong; 07-25-2021, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dmoneysong View Post

I personally don't use the PD tech pouch for couple reasons:
        I've also moved away from it and things like it ... and it's been thanks to TB!

When I first came to TB, I found all the pouches & clippys too fiddly and they seemed confusing and like double the work: just put all your stuff into something like the PDTP and be done! The TB method seemed like you'd have to pull out and unzip 10 pouches just to get all your stuff.

After being gifted with a TB pouch I used for glasses cleaner & cloth, it got me wondering ... long story short, I found a whole new way (AND better AND more efficient) to pack my stuff using an S30 or Pilot: little groups in their place.

What I realized is, I don't need every tech thing (or other odds/ends) all at once, rather I use things in small groups ... combining the S30/S25/Pilot built-in org with a few pouches suddenly, say, getting set up for the webex/zoom meeting just after running into your hotel room after check-in was simple! No giant pouch to grab and hunt for that thing up there and this thing down here and that other thing ... rather my workflow became linear: first - always first! - LTT out, keys, etc in; Next, laptop, stand & power; next mouse & keyboard; next headset & phone. done!

I've sort of transitioned all of my travel workflows to that model such that I don't need big organizer pouches any longer and it works much better for me to have smaller dedicated bit of pack for each need. I would've never gone that direction if not for TB.

Anyway, just a carry-nerd thought
        Last edited by GrussGott; 07-25-2021, 05:11 PM.
        Seeking Verde Aeronauts

Comment

The 36 oz Yeti Rambler Bottle will fit in the 30 with the triplehaul cap, (barely). The chug cap will not fit....

Last edited by Large4mat; 07-30-2021, 05:17 AM.

Comment

I don't have any Yeti bottles, but my HydroFlask Trail Series 32oz fit just about perfectly. Any taller or wider would make it harder to zip and/or would bulge noticeably. That bottle is listed as 3.3" diameter and 10.2" tall. The lid is flat with a rubble hinged handle, so there's no lost space due to a bulky handle or lid of any sort.

https://www.hydroflask.com/32-oz-lig...h-trail-series

Comment

Originally posted by Large4mat View Post
              The 36 oz Yeti Rambler Bottle will fit in the 30 with the triplehaul cap, (barely). The chug cap will not fit....
              Despite this not being the question, just FYI for anyone interested, when I hike I prefer two of the 20oz as more water & less cumbersome, and two 20oz will fit in the S25 (and I presume S30):

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=331358.png
Views:	141
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	334581

Seeking Verde Aeronauts

Comment

Working...
              X