Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,582   Posts: 188,359   Members: 6,552   Active Members: 301
Welcome to our newest member, MerryAlcal.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12.9" iPad or 12" Macbook fit in Co-Pilot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12.9" iPad or 12" Macbook fit in Co-Pilot?

Just curious, has anyone tried fitting either a 12.9" iPad Pro or a 12" Macbook into the main compartment of a Co-Pilot? By the raw specs it seems like it should just fit:

Co-Pilot: 11.8"w x 10"h
    iPad Pro: 11.04"w x 8.46"h
    Macbook: 11.04"w x 7.74"h

… but I'm not sure if either the internal construction of the bag or the rounded corners would make it too snug to fit comfortably.

I was idly pondering getting a Co-Pilot as a sometimes-companion to my A30 … just for those times where I need to carry one of my larger devices for work and/or have just a few extra items to carry and can't quite do one-bag travel for that trip. Plus, to be honest, the fact that it's still available in Burnt Orange to match my other travel bags. XD Thanks!
    ---
    My Bags: Burnt Orange Medium Cafe BagSide Kick Co-Pilot Aeronaut 30
    Canary Large Shop Bag Dawn Large Shop BagAubergine Everyday Cubelet
    With: Island Packing CubesTravel Tray Cubelet Dawn Wallet

I posted this https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...094#post214094 some time back, yes, a 12" MacBook fits in a Co-Pilot! (Sadly I no longer have the 12" MacBook - it died under mysterious circumstances while at the Apple store for a battery replacement...)
    A45CC K CQPC 3DCCGES25 SK SCBQKTTMCBLSB TT TSS4 PCSBSCBTT CQPC PQBPQK LT SETT 3DCCQKS19 TT P3DCCTS PP BBLCBCP TTRi QK NFTD A30DLBC

Comment

Originally posted by PaulT00 View Post
      I posted this https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...094#post214094 some time back, yes, a 12" MacBook fits in a Co-Pilot! (Sadly I no longer have the 12" MacBook - it died under mysterious circumstances while at the Apple store for a battery replacement...)
      Ahah, thank you! I missed this when searching the forum earlier.

And oh no, about the Macbook! I really, really, REALLY hope Apple releases another 11-12" size M-series laptop sometime soon … I know mine won't last forever either …
      ---

Comment

I can just fit my 13" MacBook Pro or Air in the Co-Pilot - I can't pack many bulky things or it won't close, but it does fit in there. I used to fit my 12" PowerBook in it!

Comment

marbenais Aaah thank you! iPad and Macbook are a bit smaller so they should fit. I hope they eventually release a smaller 11” or 12” laptop again, with modern hardware.
          ---

Comment

Originally posted by Cooner View Post
            I hope they eventually release a smaller 11” or 12” laptop again, with modern hardware.
            I loved that PowerBook 12" so much that I still have it packed away, but my eyesight is only getting worse as I get older and I am not sure I could use a screen that small full-time again. It was really the best size for any kind of situation, though, it fit in every bag I used and could balance on my (small) hand when I was walking with it open.

Comment

Working...
            X