Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,582   Posts: 188,358   Members: 6,552   Active Members: 301
Welcome to our newest member, MerryAlcal.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ideal Packable Daypack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ittoujuu View Post
    Still, it's good to know that you've found even the simple straps pretty comfy in daily use with whatever loads you've been carrying.
    Reading this makes me realize that I actually find them MORE comfortable than a better-padded backpack carrying a small to medium load. I'm often aware of the bulk of an even lightly padded strap--it makes me feel faintly claustrophobic when I reach forward and feel it, and increases my perception of overheating when it's hot--and these straps don't have that bulk.

Comment

I have used the Standard Luggage Co 8L Packing Cube/Packable Day Pack with some success. Outbounding in a Ebags Motherloade when I decided to go one bag at the last minute for a 10 day casual trip to MV v my initial plan of a Synik 30 and an Empire Builder. Inbound, I just used in as my personal item.

Secondly, I used it with great success on a 4 day casual trip (car) moving my son back to school with the S30. I used it inbound as a packing cube. On the ground as a day pack and outbound as a dirty clothes bag/packing cube.

If the Aeronaut Packing Cube Pack at 65 ish shipped had been available, I suspect I would have gone for it and drove on. The SLC bag above is 39.99 shipped and I got the last one on Amazon with some credit such that in netted to me at 25 ish shipped. I suspect they are still avail on the mothership webisite.

Comment

Working...
      X