Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,582   Posts: 188,359   Members: 6,552   Active Members: 301
Welcome to our newest member, MerryAlcal.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backpack for school + tennis gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backpack for school + tennis gear

I'm looking for suggestions. My HS son needs a daily backpack that will hold his school stuff plus tennis gear (so he doesn't have to carry two bags). Does anyone happen to know how a tennis racquet will fit in either a Brain Bag or a Synik 30? He's intrigued by the possibility that the racquet would fit in the computer sleeve of the Synik for extra protection and to free up the rest of the space. I'm trying to decide if I should order one when more colors restock on Aug 30. Thoughts/suggestions greatly appreciated!

I have two Brain Bags and have tried the SN30... I would think the BB is a better bet in terms of overall sizing but I don't have a tennis racquet to check, so hopefully folks will chime in. The Synik family, like the Synapse, divvy up a lot of the volume in various pockets versus the BB has a lot more open space which would probably work better.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

I have used my Paragon bag pretty well. There's a laptop section in the back, and there's tons of room for other items. The racquet/racquets will still out obviously but I thought it works well.

Comment

A Brain Bag will easily hold his tennis racket and his school supplies. Here's what mine looks like with a tennis racket:

Click image for larger version

Name:	brain_bag-tennis_racket.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	527.8 KB
ID:	335718

I don't have a Synik 30, but I suspect it will fit well there too. For comparison, here's my Synapse 19 (much smaller than the Synik 30) with my tennis racket AND my usual EDC (probably a lot less than a high school student's load):

Name:	synapse19-tennis_racket.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	844.4 KB
ID:	335716

And here's my Paragon, which is slightly bigger than the Synapse 19, but might work better for school (although it's still probably too small for a racket and your son's school stuff):

Name:	paragon-tennis_racket.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	335717

Comment

Thank you - especially for the helpful pictures eekim . We're going to go with a Brain Bag for now (since I managed to get my hands on a used one) and see how that works -- he likes that there are two sections, so he can keep his racquet and shoes in one, and leave the other for his chromebook and notebooks and such. (There are no lockers, so he has to carry a fair amount of stuff.) We'll keep some of these other options open if this doesn't work out for him.

Now that we've started with a Brain Bag, it makes me wonder -- was there ever a Freudian Slip for a Brain Bag? It feels like such a cavernous space I feel like it would be helpful to have some interior compartments...

Comment

There was indeed a Freudian Slip for the Brain Bag, and though it isn’t currently in production it might be worth asking customer service about it. The closest thing that is in production is the Large Cafe Bag Freudian Slip. It’s almost five inches shorter and less than half an inch wider.

Scroll way down to the very bottom of the Freudian Slip page to see specs:
            https://www.tombihn.com/products/fre...nt=16409089159

Originally posted by callmecass View Post
            Thank you - especially for the helpful pictures eekim . We're going to go with a Brain Bag for now (since I managed to get my hands on a used one) and see how that works -- he likes that there are two sections, so he can keep his racquet and shoes in one, and leave the other for his chromebook and notebooks and such. (There are no lockers, so he has to carry a fair amount of stuff.) We'll keep some of these other options open if this doesn't work out for him.

Now that we've started with a Brain Bag, it makes me wonder -- was there ever a Freudian Slip for a Brain Bag? It feels like such a cavernous space I feel like it would be helpful to have some interior compartments...

Comment

Working...
            X