Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,525   Posts: 187,781   Members: 6,486   Active Members: 307
Welcome to our newest member, ozzyrussell.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPAD MINI 6 CACHE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPAD MINI 6 CACHE?

Looking for something like the cache but for the new mini i pre ordered. What’s everyone using for their older model minis? I just need something I can slip in out of my carry on bag below my seat on my flights. Looks like the normal cache gonna be too tall which will make it kind awkward.

any feedback appreciated

I keep my current iPad (also a mini) in a case that has a cover that flips open. I feel like that is sufficient protection, though I might go farther for something like a laptop. What bag are you carrying it in? Some of them (like the Luminary, Syniks, Paragons, and the Zeitgeist/Paradigm lines), have device pockets. Or, for example, a bag like the Icon or Cafe Bags have places to secrete a device that will keep an ipad from sloshing around and hitting sharp objects.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Comment

Right now I’m actually using a Size 2 stuff sack, the (previous) Mini in a shell case fits in that. It holds the Mini and a couple other things I carry around the house. I also have a padded sleeve case from Belkin, sadly none of the TB Caches fit my Mini (last time I checked.)

Long term, I’m waiting for my preferred color of Side Kick to come back in stock. The side clips on the SK are great because you can use a shoulder strap or tether it to something to keep it secure. Plus a few pockets for organization of chargers, phone, headphones, etc.
      Rambling On. . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by bchaplin View Post
        I keep my current iPad (also a mini) in a case that has a cover that flips open. I feel like that is sufficient protection, though I might go farther for something like a laptop. What bag are you carrying it in? Some of them (like the Luminary, Syniks, Paragons, and the Zeitgeist/Paradigm lines), have device pockets. Or, for example, a bag like the Icon or Cafe Bags have places to secrete a device that will keep an ipad from sloshing around and hitting sharp objects.
        I don’t have it yet. The new one is coming out Friday. But I was planning on just using my osprey farpont 40. So was looking to put it in a sleeve that would be easy to grab in and out of the bag.

Comment

My current iPad mini (5th gen) is in a padded organiser pouch in size Medium. I hope when the new one arrives tomorrow it will fit too - and I'll take pictures!
          Proud owner of a Synik 22 (Aubergine/Northwest Sky), a Medium Café Bag (Alphaviolet), and a whole host of accessories.

Comment

I use a Targus case for my iPad mini 4-it rotates the orientation. I could also use an A5 size ghost whale pouch (mine is in the spacer mesh which I don't believe is currently made).

Comment

Originally posted by RosemaryOrchard View Post
              My current iPad mini (5th gen) is in a padded organiser pouch in size Medium. I hope when the new one arrives tomorrow it will fit too - and I'll take pictures!
              Awesome please do! Do you have a link to the pouch you use right now by chance?

Comment

Originally posted by zepfloyd View Post

Awesome please do! Do you have a link to the pouch you use right now by chance?
                I assumed Rosemary was referring to this:
                https://www.tombihn.com/products/pad...nt=16620969543

Comment

Originally posted by ayazgood View Post

That's the one!
                  Proud owner of a Synik 22 (Aubergine/Northwest Sky), a Medium Café Bag (Alphaviolet), and a whole host of accessories.

Comment

Originally posted by ayazgood View Post

Oh wow. Great! Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by RosemaryOrchard View Post
                      It looks like the 5th and 6th gen are the same width, and the new one is slightly shorter and .2mm thicker, so it should fit.

Comment

I keep my iPad mini 4 in an A5 Ghost Whale pouch and it works great. My mini is in a hard case and I put in a microfiber cloth to protect and clean the screen. It’s easy to access from the Ghost Whale because of the long curved zipper. I’ll attach some pix.

Comment

The new wrap-around smart cover Apple introduced for the new mini is probably the best protection ever for such devices. With your $500-650 new toy swaddled in it, you just slip it into any convenient slot, anywhere, in any bag. My traveling need for my iPad has been quick access. I don't want to fiddle with velcro or zippers or snaps. My iPads have always been enclosed in Apple covers but that's just me. There are many excellent products form many other manufacturers. I don't see the need for a dedicated, padded, or lined slipcover.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogiesan View Post
                            The new wrap-around smart cover Apple introduced for the new mini is probably the best protection ever for such devices. With your $500-650 new toy swaddled in it, you just slip it into any convenient slot, anywhere, in any bag. My traveling need for my iPad has been quick access. I don't want to fiddle with velcro or zippers or snaps. My iPads have always been enclosed in Apple covers but that's just me. There are many excellent products form many other manufacturers. I don't see the need for a dedicated, padded, or lined slipcover.
                            Are you speaking about the smart folio? Thing is 60 bucks granted it’s Apple but I don’t mind fiddling with a zipper if it’s gonna save me like 45-50 bucks

Comment

I also use an A5 Ghost Whale with my iPad Mini. In this case it has a Targus hard cover which bulks out the depth of the iPad but still fits in quite easily without having to force the zipper closed.

Comment

Working...
                              X