Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,531   Posts: 187,830   Members: 6,495   Active Members: 287
Welcome to our newest member, coorysmith.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question - What to use with A30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question - What to use with A30?

I'd love advice please - I have a brilliant A30 that I LOVE but I am trying to find a companion bag for it, my dream criteria are below:

1) It needs to be small (max 15L) as I can't carry much once the full A30 is on my back.
    2) Ideally able to be carried crossbody AND backpack (crossbody when travelling and I have the aeronaut on my back and backpack when I don't)
    3) Must be lightweight

Does such a bag exist?

How about a "totepack"? It's essentially a tote bag (sometimes with a crossbody strap) and thin backpack straps. I can only think of Fjallraven off the top of my head that makes a few iterations of a totepack, but I'm sure there are many other brands that make similar bags.
    Long live Burnt Orange! Zest! 152!

EDC: Side Kick, Everday Cubelet, DL PCSB (planner pouch); Travel: Smart Alec + Side Kick, Small Yeoman Duffel

Comment

Stashing the unused shoulder strap and providing the extra-length strap are non-trivial features. The few convertible cross-body/backpacks I have seen are from upscale designers. I've watched hundreds of hours of Rick Steves walking around Europe and he just slings his backpack over one shoulder. I have also done that for decades.

Comment

Sydneygirl I don't know what the capacity is on this bag, but I used a Travelon convertible tote on my last trip to Spain and really liked it. It held way more than it appears to, it's lightweight, the organization suited my needs, and I appreciated the flexibility the tote/crossbody/backpack offered. It's definitely not Tom Bihn quality (one annoyance is that when in backpack mode the straps aren't fixed at the shoulder), but it definitely suited my needs. Prior to getting this bag I'd used a longchamp le pliage tote for daily sightseeing.

Good luck! Let us know if you find anything that meets your needs.

https://www.travelonbags.com/shop-th...ote/43490.html
        Buy Anti-Theft Essentials Convertible Backpack/Tote at Travelon Bags.

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions - I’m keen to see this one in person when shops reopen here - nothing seems to have a crossbody strap but this could go on my shoulder ok

https://www.kathmandu.com.au/solus-t...tml?colour=386

Comment

Working...
          X