Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,998   Posts: 193,794   Members: 6,896   Active Members: 241
Welcome to our newest member, Kimiko.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gatekeeper strap for Daylight Briefcase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gatekeeper strap for Daylight Briefcase?

I just ordered the DLBC and finally had some time to load it up this morning. There really is nothing like seeing a bag in person vs the www. The DLBC has a lot more organization than I thought, and although it's a lot larger than I expected, I think it's a keeper. However, the one thing I can't handle are the strap attachments. Wow the plastic snaphooks against the plastic rings are extremely noisy!

I looked at the TB site and online for either a 1.5" gatekeeper strap or larger clips so I can modify the bag and possibly the existing shoulder strap, and I can't find anything. TB does have a 1.5" double gatekeeper buckle, but I don't think I can get it onto the shoulder strap without cutting and re-sewing, and I'm not willing to try that on a brand new bag with my limited sewing abilities. A 1" gatekeeper clip/strap is too small for the bag's attachment points.

Does anyone know of anything out there that will work? I do a lot of field and wildlife work where I need to be in stealth mode, so if this can't be fixed, this beautiful bag has to go back to TB.

Answering my own question, I think. Someone in the TB FB group recommended this strap. Looks like what I need so I'm giving it a try. I wanted to post it here just in case anyone else has the same issue. I think this works for other bags like the LGD etc. Hope this works & helps someone else!

Comment

Tonya Thanks for sharing! I have a DLBC coming my way and was also curious about replacing the strap with the one you linked to for easy adjustment when riding my bike. How's it working out for you?

Comment

Originally posted by pong View Post
        Tonya Thanks for sharing! I have a DLBC coming my way and was also curious about replacing the strap with the one you linked to for easy adjustment when riding my bike. How's it working out for you?
        Hello, and warm welcome to the forums. I wish I could answer this question for you because the DLBC is really awesome, but as much as I loved everything about it, it ended up being too large for my EDC needs so I'm returning it. I work from home and don't carry that much when out and about, so I'm holding out for a smaller bag. (Anything in the works, TB? Anyway, I believe that the shoulder strap that I linked to would do just fine. You'll probably need a good pair of snips to take off the d-rings so you can reattach the gatekeeper that's on the disptch strap to the original DLBC attachment points, but other than that, the DLBC shoulder strap should be a breeze to replace.

That being said, I don't know how you'll need to adjust the strap for biking but the included DLBC strap adjusted amazingly easy. When I was trying to decide whether or not to keep the DLBC, I tried it out in various crossbody positions and had no trouble adjusting the strap for various heights and positions. I didn't mind the shoulder strap at all except for the clip's noise. If my hobbies and occasional job didn't require silence (wildlife viewing, rescue, tracking, etc), I probably wouldn't have noticed the jangle. The DLBC and its included strap are great, as is. You may want to wait until it arrives to see if you need any modifications.

Comment

Working...
        X