Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,770   Posts: 190,602   Members: 6,653   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, bulletproofcharm.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice on Techonaut 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on Techonaut 30

Hello, any help is greatly appreciated. I own the Synik 30 and its just a pinch too small for one bag travel (which is my goal). I have pared down and minimized what I take but having a tough time fitting it in S30. Specifically, I have a hard time packing a pair of extra shoes (seems to be the breaking point for the S30 for me). Yes, for me, two pairs are essential on most trips. So, I am looking at the Techonaut 30. Since it doesn't have all of the organization of the S30, would it meet my needs? For reference, if the Techonaut came in a 35L size I would order it now.

IMHO, the T30 volume is highly underrated, especially in the halcyon fabric. It easily holds much more than the S30, and should have no issues with an extra pair of shoes. Seems like at least a 35L bag to me. Here my post about a test pack:
    https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...562#post338562

Comment

You're probably aware of the phenomenon: the 45L Aeronaut is easily underpacked and passes sizer and most gate check visual inspections because it appears smaller than the label states. Why not just get the larger T45 and never worry about having adequate volume?

Comment

Bogiesan I wasn't aware of that phenomenon and assumed 45L would be too big. I would be afraid of filling up that extra space and not be disciplined in what I pack. But will consider. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by thejspad View Post
          Bogiesan I wasn't aware of that phenomenon and assumed 45L would be too big. I would be afraid of filling up that extra space and not be disciplined in what I pack. But will consider. Thank you!
          I cannot help you NOT fill the bag! But it's pretty easy not to if you follow the standard light-packing rules. My normal international travel kit fits easily into the Aeronaut 30 but I always take the A45 so it's not quite so compacted and, if needed, I can add a few items along the way and still have little fear of getting gate-checked.

Comment

Working...
          X