Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,744   Posts: 190,307   Members: 6,604   Active Members: 256
Welcome to our newest member, MeaningwaveExists.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smart Alec for petites and a color question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the Forums EJNL 😊

Yep, the horde of Gatekeeper clips make the pockets secure and structured but they can be a pain to take on and off.

There are some knacks that help...

Make sure the pocket is empty
    Start at one end
    Scrunch the bag/pocket away from the clip webbing so that you can push the clip partly clear and get a solid pinch with one hand and flick the latch with the other

I mentioned in a previous post that I prioritize ease of on/off and quick use as an EDC more than the current pocket max volume & security...
    So I use a Side Effect at the top and an Everyday Cubelet on the bottom instead of the Pockets.

If I was carrying an additional EDC inside the SA routinely instead, I would just leave the pockets on all the time.

ETA: and I should have explicitly stated that the SE and E/TC each attach at two points vs the full 6 or so for the pockets
    Last edited by G42; 05-07-2022, 06:44 AM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

The aspect of the gatekeeper clips I like is that the fabric on the bags that they attach to is not that obvious when they're removed. But yeah, I am ordering a new Smart Alec after not having one for a long time, and I will either keep the UMP and LMP attached or not over the long-term -- it's too much of an ordeal to take them on and off frequently.
      ----
      All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
      Edmund Burke

Comment

Working...
      X