Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,744   Posts: 190,307   Members: 6,604   Active Members: 256
Welcome to our newest member, MeaningwaveExists.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony RX100 in a Side Effect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony RX100 in a Side Effect?

I was thinking of adding a Side Effect as an organizational piece for my Synik 22 and as a light cross-body bag when I don’t want to take my backpack on a hike/outing. Does anyone carry a Sony RX100 in theirs? I have the m6 model, which has the zoom and is a little bigger than the original.

I checked out the specs and saw the Side Effect is about 2” deep and the camera is about 3”. I was wondering how that might work with the Side Effect if anyone has used it for that purpose.

I was also looking at the Side Kick but I wanted to avoid the bigger bag if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the Forums chidrock !
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post
      Welcome to the Forums chidrock !
      Thank you!

Comment

I have that exact model of camera, and the Side Effect. Took a couple of shots for you to see how the camera fits…it fits fine! The camera is not 3” deep when the lens is contracted so no problem.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8F135C61-B60B-4BA6-AB32-44302682A28E.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	339719

Name:	97DDB857-57C7-4A36-BF16-94907B7633FA.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	339720

Comment

Originally posted by cdgerston View Post
          I have that exact model of camera, and the Side Effect. Took a couple of shots for you to see how the camera fits…it fits fine! The camera is not 3” deep when the lens is contracted so no problem.

Name:	8F135C61-B60B-4BA6-AB32-44302682A28E.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	339719

Name:	97DDB857-57C7-4A36-BF16-94907B7633FA.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	339720
          Thanks for the info and for taking the pics!

After I read your post I realized that I left off a piece of info - I have the RX100 in a small Sony Camera pouch - that’s how I came up with 3”. The Sony pouch is small but is has a little pocket in the front for a battery and an SD card, which adds a little more to it. I can try looking for another pouch for the camera - I already found a slim pouch for my Nintendo Switch because the one I had didn’t fit in the water bottle pocket of the S22 lol.

I was hoping that the bag would give me enough space for the camera and a compact pair of binoculars, and it looks like it just might work if I adjust my approach.

Comment

Working...
          X