Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,767   Posts: 190,596   Members: 6,651   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, learn2route.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Road Buddy 36 Packing Cubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Road Buddy 36 Packing Cubes

I ordered a RB36 in steel with an absolute shoulder strap. This is my first Tom Bihn purchase, can’t wait for delivery. Finally replacing my 15 year old Nike duffel, and will be used in conjunction with my AER travel pack 2 backpack.

For road buddy owners, what packing cube setup do you use for the main compartment and end compartments? I wear a mens 11 shoe, so am hoping a pair will fit in one end pocket.

Customer service recommends the aeronaut/technonaut 30 cubes for the RB36, but am wondering if the 45 large and end cubes cubes would work.

Welcome to the Forums Hokie12 !

Definitely let us know how the RB36 works for you once you get it

I use Aeronaut 30 cubes in my RB36

bartleby has some nice photos in this thread of some pack outs

https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...-a45#post14501
    Last edited by G42; 05-27-2022, 10:56 AM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

I use Aeronaut 30 Cubes too. I usually have an A30 laundry end cube in one of the sides with my underwear and socks and a small laundry A30 cube in the middle with my sleeping clothes, tees and so on. I put my bigger clothes (pants, sweaters) into the RB without a packing cube and pack a plastic bag of some kind in case I ever have dirty laundry to store which doesn't fit the small packing cube.

Comment

Based on recent posts, seems like two large 30 or 45 cubes can fit in the main compartment of the RB36.

Do two large 30 cubes completely fill the main compartment?

Comment

Originally posted by Hokie12 View Post
          Based on recent posts, seems like two large 30 or 45 cubes can fit in the main compartment of the RB36.

Do two large 30 cubes completely fill the main compartment?
          As both the A45 and the A30 large packing cubes fit in the main compartment you'll have some space left if you're using two A30 packing cubes. It's not much as the difference in length and width are about 1.4'' or 3.5 cm but you should be able to add a pair of flip-flops or a small accessory bag such as a Spiff Kit or a Side Kick or a Packing Cube Shoulder Bag.
          ...spread joy in your neighbourhood (and not Corona!)
          current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I am considering ordering two large A45 packing cubes, an A45 end pocket cube, and one additional smaller bag or pouch for the other end pocket (grab bag, PCSB, or something similar).

Fingers crossed the road buddies ship sooner rather than later.

Comment

Working...
            X