Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,886   Posts: 192,181   Members: 6,763   Active Members: 373
Welcome to our newest member, Sky32.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Co-Pilot and Airpods Max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Co-Pilot and Airpods Max

Does anyone have 1st hand experience hauling a pair of Airpods Max in a Co-Pilot? Did they fit well or is there a better bag? I am looking for something small for flights, but I would like for it to hold a pair of Airpods Max. Also, something more on the masculine side would be great too. I don't want to look like I am carrying a purse.

Welcome to the Forums camman595 !

Depends on what else you want to carry and whether you want a bag to stay sleek looking vs bulging...

I don't have those Airpods Max (7.37 x 6.64 x 3.28), but they would probably fit in the larger back compartment of the Co-Pilot if you didn't put much else in there and were ok with it bulging out - the issue is the 3.28" depth dimension is bigger than the back pocket.

In the Daylight Briefcase, most of the front to back depth is in the main compartment, so they'd fit better in that bag.

They should also fit in Le Grande Derriere, with the 400d halcyon ones being the easiest to maneuver in and out of.

Are you open to a backpack or tote? More options there, but larger.

Hopefully someone with direct experience will chime in... I also suggest you send an email to the fine folks in Customer Service asking for their thoughts - they'll be back on Tuesday.

I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. You are right, I do not want the bag to bulge. I have several backpacks and messenger bags, but I’m looking to stay smaller for my personal item. The LGD is an idea I had not thought about. Hum…

Comment

Originally posted by camman595 View Post
        The LGD is an idea I had not thought about. Hum…
        Ack, I forgot to mention that TB is retiring LGD, just in case you didn't catch that announcement. There are quite a few left it seems, but I'd reco buying one sooner rather than later if you want to see it in person and test pack.
        I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

For what it’s worth, I carry a crossbody bag made by Tom Bihn almost every single day and I work in a very “blue collar” industry.

Never once has anyone commented about my bag looking like a purse, and I carry that thing out with me on job site visits to construction sites.

If all you’re looking to do is empty your pockets and hold a pair of wireless headphones, the Co-Pilot will probably suit you pretty well. It has a really decent amount of built in organization and is probably one of my favorite bags I use most often.
          Last edited by Chicagoan; 07-03-2022, 11:37 AM.
          I own a LOT of Tom Bihn bags, but here are the ones I use most often:
          Everyday Carry: CP or SK
          Overnight Travel: SN22 and SZTSB
          Car Travel: Medium YD and MT
          Plane Travel: CP and WF

Comment

Working...
          X